fedex termination policy?

dothedew08

I've been written up three or four times within a years time for different loading errors. Do your write ups stay on record for 6 or 12months? Two write ups were from when I first started. Does three write ups mean your terminated or do you need to be on your official "critical" which I have not been yet.

CJinx

All of my write-ups are still on file as far as I know.
As for terminations, I suppose it depends on the severity of the reasons for being written up as well as manager's discretion.

bbsam

Staff member
All of my write-ups are still on file as far as I know.
As for terminations, I suppose it depends on the severity of the reasons for being written up as well as manager's discretion.
I am told mine fill several folders. I think I filled one in one day once.

FUFred

A warning letter is on your record for a year, performance reminder for 6 month, any three in a year your gone. If a mgr asked for your ID card and gas card, told you they will contact you and they suspended you pending investigation your usually have been fired. That's what happened to me last year in March.

MAKAVELI

A warning letter is on your record for a year, performance reminder for 6 month, any three in a year your gone. If a mgr asked for your ID card and gas card, told you they will contact you and they suspended you pending investigation your usually have been fired. That's what happened to me last year in March.
I believe warning letters now stay for 36 months. In addition to 3 in 12 it is now also 5 in 36.

hypo hanna

Then again I've been out almost a year and we know fedex policies can change hourly. It also depends if mgr likes you and you bleed purple.
Managers have a surprising amount of descresion unless its a major no-no like falsifying, fighting, stealing or telling a customer to kiss your butt. It can come down to operational needs and or whether they like the individual. What they don't want to do is get caught being inconsistent and leave themselves open for a gft.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've been written up three or four times within a years time for different loading errors. Do your write ups stay on record for 6 or 12months? Two write ups were from when I first started. Does three write ups mean your terminated or do you need to be on your official "critical" which I have not been yet.

They make it up as they go along, and apply discipline arbitrarily. Which opco are you with?

cancan

Inconsistency is no defence against GFT. GFT is a joke. We put together a full on Matlock style defense for a fellow driver. Complete with maps, pictures, and witnesses. They just didn't like this guy and I watched them railroad his butt right out the door. He sued and got his job back. I've seen at least three people sue to get their jobs back. They never talk about it. I'm guessing FedEx insists on a gag agreement.

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I believe warning letters now stay for 36 months. In addition to 3 in 12 it is now also 5 in 36.

I am aware of an employee who was just terminated under circumstances that are truly shocking. If what the employee is saying is true, he probably has a case that could be worth an enormous amount of money. I don't want to tip FedEx, so I won't go into particulars, but suffice it to say that this could make the news as a story of corporate cruelty and gross mis-application of policy.

I think most of us here have seen FedEx in-action when they want someone gone, and then equal application of policy goes out the window. They use it (especially 2-5) however they wish, which flies directly in the face of how policy is supposed to work. If your head is firmly up management's ass, kissing as hard as you can, some way will be found for you to evade application of the rules. But, if you question authority and application of policy, they will herd you at the door as quickly as possible. Sorry, but that's not the way it works, and this is why FedEx ends up in court as often as they do.

FUFred

If you get suspended, are brought back in during the day, when everyone else is on the road, the CSA's are on lunch and the other Mgr's are all hiding in their offices, your getting fired.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you get suspended, are brought back in during the day, when everyone else is on the road, the CSA's are on lunch and the other Mgr's are all hiding in their offices, your getting fired.

Probably. They usually do it like the cowards they are. Our last one was quite similar to your description. Sooner or later, somebody is going to get mad and there will be violence.

FUFred

Probably. They usually do it like the cowards they are. Our last one was quite similar to your description. Sooner or later, somebody is going to get mad and there will be violence.
I cannot get into the specifics, but a former express driver has a lawsuit and using the very same lawyer I used for my unemployment hearing. I'm so nice. I get nothing out of it but the satisfaction of pi ssing off fedex mangment.
I now work 5 mins from all the court houses. If I can get a time and date I'd like to show up to the pre trial hearing. Id love to see the look on their faces. WTF are you doing hear. I'd be like, " hey Im working on a story, I work for a online newspaper now." hahaha

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
If I can get a time and date I'd like to show up to the pre trial hearing. Id love to see the look on their faces. WTF are you doing hear. I'd be like, " hey Im working on a story, I work for a online newspaper now." hahaha
As someone who has made "the great escape" and now in the writing biz (big congrats on that BTW), don't forget the differentiations of 'here' and 'hear'.

just consider this your OLCC for today (just in case you were missing those!)