Fedex vacation

Mirmir16

I have been working at FedEx express since September and I have decided to resign. I wanted my last day to be June 5th but the manager is being a ass and said I can only work up until May 26. My question is do I receive a check with my unused vacation time I earned for the new ficasl year? I have 32 hours.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If your notice says June 5th, you can work until June 5 unless he's going to LWOP you. Call your HR advisor. You are to be paid for all accrued unused vacation time.

Mirmir16

If your notice says June 5th, you can work until June 5 unless he's going to LWOP you. Call your HR advisor. You are to be paid for all accrued unused vacation time.
Even if I decide not to go back after he 26 I still get my unused accrued vacation days?

outtatime

FYI it will be an actual paper check that will be at the station. Shows up about 2 weeks from your last day worked.

outtatime

Uniforms should be returned on the last day worked. The manager can mail the check but some like to take their time out of spite. Others have sent it overnight letter to employees.

dezguy

You'd think it would be a lot easier for everyone if they just threw the cheque in a comat envelope and had the courier in that area del it as a comail stop.

MAKAVELI

We're not talking about his last working check. He asked about his vacation check, which is separate.
Here in Cali everything has to be paid to you including Vacation, personals and floaters on your last day if you have given at least 72 hours. If an employee files a wage claim for an employer failure to pay on time, a penalty can be assessed against the employer.

SmithBarney

You have to work at least June 1st(into next FY) to receive the next years vacation checks, he wants you to leave on the 26th to avoid paying them.

Oldfart

You have to work at least June 1st(into next FY) to receive the next years vacation checks, he wants you to leave on the 26th to avoid paying them.
I though vacation was earned the precious year. June 1 gets the sick days and personals and floaters. Might be wrong.

Star B

White Lightening
You'd think it would be a lot easier for everyone if they just threw the cheque in a comat envelope and had the courier in that area del it as a comail stop.

It's cheaper to have the post office deliver it. It's all a numbers game here. I'm sure to have a courier stop at the house would cost more than the .43(?) odd cents it is to mail it.

BootsOnTarmac

My guess would be that FedEx will issue your last paycheck including payable non worked time (vacation, etc) in a physical check or checks based upon your termination date to your Manager. Your Manager will contact you for pickup. The last check availability may be delayed due to you returning FedEx issued uniforms, etc. Most likely your Manager does not want your old clothing and will just call you in or mail / Fedex your last check / checks to the address of record.

outtatime

When you quit you will get 2 paper checks. One with all the hours worked your last week, and a separate one with all unused vacation. The vacation one may or may not arrive the same day your last hours worked check arrives (Fri after last pay period).