Future

Victory Ride
It’s the style in Hollywood though.
CC554A5A-45E6-4C10-B158-7073EB7086FE.jpeg
F55B1F81-37F3-41A1-B446-417EDAF9148E.jpeg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We need some help. My husband passed feeder training and started driving feeder full time 10/24/16. This is his building seniority date for bidding runs and vacations. UPS HR is telling him he was not classifed/ coded as Feeder until he made bid in April 2017- therefore his feeder seniority starts when he made bid. Is this right?! We are trying to transfer out of CA but need one year seniority to qualify for the transfer list. He was kicked off the list for this reason. He has already protested his date since time is of the essence. Does anyone know for sure? We have a call into the union.
Make him a sammich?

Shiftless

He is eligible to retire at age 49 as well- he started 2 months after he graduated highschool. It is in the plan to retire early. We’ve been in this together from PT loader/sorter through feeder now. He will not quit UPS- We’ll stay here if a transfer doesn’t happen. His Dad also retired UPS feeder a few years go. He had 35 years in. He moved out of state as soon as he did.

I wonder of I know your Father in-law? I drove out of So-Cal before I transferred? Ran with a lot of Metro guys and ran a Ontario feeder air run for awhile.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
no he was not seasonal. He was on the feeder list and finally got called after 15 years

He was on the feeder qualified list, but did not have a bid feeder job. He doesn't move into the feeder classification until he wins a bid on a permanent feeder job.

You sure you have the terminology right?

Yes, she does.

He was kicked off the list for this reason.

He was kicked off the transfer list, must have 1 year seniority, not the feeder qualified list.

I think what he may have found out is he has to have a current year of safe driving to be on the list?

What list are you talking about?

What I believe your problem is, that your husband didn't have his own bid.

Correct.

So when he won a bid his 1 year started in feeder. I believe this is what they will tell you.

Correct.

This is right for local 63 , you are not feeder until you make bid in feeder

Correct.

UPSWife06

Geeesh guys. Calm down on my looks. Ya’ll get a little wierd behind your screen. Please remeber I am real person... someones wife, mother, sister, daughter...

Back to the question. We got an answer. My husband filed a grievance yestersay. He met with the union business agent today. And was informed that Local 63 recognizes feeder seniority date as date of completion of feeder training. The union will work with HR to fix this and his name will be placed back on the transfer list.

Each local has a different set of “local” rules even more specific than the supplement/rider contract for the district or region. So check those rules if you are a different local wondering the same question.

Thanks to the few of you who actually responded respectfully and intelligently. I appreciate it.

Fyi my hair color is called blonde balayage. Look it up ya old farts. ✌