feeder driver robbed at gunpoint and personal vehicle stolen today

Ouch

9-18 feeder driver was robbed at gunpoint in the employee parking lot. 3 men followed the driver around the bldg and pulled a gun on him and stole his personal vehicle. Here is the kicker, UPS claims that they can do nothing for the employee as the parking lot doesnt actually belong to them. They claim the parking lot actually belongs to the city. We see how concerned UPS is when it comes to protecting there employees. I bet if it came to searching your vehicle that parking lot would some how become ups property. For all that think this company cares about you, might want to rethink that. This is not the first incident in this lot. There have been numerous car break ins over the past couple years .
The parking lot im referring to sits right behind the bldg in a fenced in area, where you walk from your vehicle to the guard shack. BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!

DS

Fenderbender
9-18 feeder driver was robbed at gunpoint in the employee parking lot. 3 men followed the driver around the bldg and pulled a gun on him and stole his personal vehicle. Here is the kicker, UPS claims that they can do nothing for the employee as the parking lot doesnt actually belong to them. They claim the parking lot actually belongs to the city. We see how concerned UPS is when it comes to protecting there employees. I bet if it came to searching your vehicle that parking lot would some how become ups property. For all that think this company cares about you, might want to rethink that. This is not the first incident in this lot. There have been numerous car break ins over the past couple years .
The parking lot im referring to sits right behind the bldg in a fenced in area, where you walk from your vehicle to the guard shack. BE SAFE!!!!!!!!!

You spelled there as though it was a place :example,Over there.
I miss Upstate.You should've said their.
The feeder driver forgot to look left right left.
I have a song for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVFRgoQe86U

browntroll

feel bad for the driver but i believe if you are a driver,then you should realize how you look to criminals since they know you make decent money.
i heard samething had happened at my hub before i got hired but one of the guys inside was responsible another one of the pters found out
and put a stop it by showing up at the guys house. the thief tried selling the pters radio to sup but sup told the pter he found out who had
his stolen car radio and subwoofer.

I work at that hub. It was done between Midnight and Sunrise sorts. Today we had a guard looking for i.d.'s as you pulled in the drive and then the usual guards in the shack. To the person saying not to use it if it's not safe, that is the only parking lot we have. It has decent lighting and people constantly in and out of it. We will see how long the extra security lasts, but probably not long. I am a woman that works the Sunrise sort and it has defiantly gotten me shaken up. I hope the driver is ok and gets his property back. No ones life is worth a set of keys.

J

jibbs

I'm sorry for what happened to the employee. But if he knew it wasn't safe, he shouldn't have used it. Y

Used what? The parking lot? Seriously? ...Are you sure you don't just feel jaded towards car owners?

There's plenty of unsafe places and people I deal with every day. It's not a daily choice, it's because of where I live, work and socialize. If I were the victim of a crime in the crime-ridden area that I happen to live in, I fully expect some kind of societal support and not "Well ****, you know where you are. If you didn't want to get robbed you wouldn't live/work there."

Blame the victim, it's way easier than putting up cameras in a parking lot and having security guards that actually know how to secure some ****. That said, I now think I understand why a county sheriff seems to have become my center security guard's partner over the past few months.

UPS Preloader

UPS claims that they can do nothing for the employee as the parking lot doesnt actually belong to them. They claim the parking lot actually belongs to the city. We see how concerned UPS is when it comes to protecting there employees. I bet if it came to searching your vehicle that parking lot would some how become ups property.

I guess if it's not UPS's property you can pack some beers in a cooler and crack one open after work with some of your fellow employees right there in the parking lot.

J

jibbs

I guess if it's not UPS's property you can pack some beers in a cooler and crack one open after work with some of your fellow employees right there in the parking lot.

I dunno, most cities seem to have public intoxication and open liquor laws that are readily enforced... It seems like it's easier for a UPSer to burn one in his car before he heads home than it would be to drink a beer with a couple co-workers outside of their cars... Not that I've seen anyone do that or anything, it just seems like it'd be easier.
sure1010.gif

He's just mad because someone stole his Teamster bumper sticker.

They must've taken his car too because I'm fairly certain he's only mobile when he's taking a train.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My hobby is hauling lobster traps , one can usually find rotting bait within my truck's bed ( covered of course ) during most months of the year .
The smell is unbearable , I don't use fish , I like pig parts that are nice & ripe with maggots .
I have no fear of anyone attempting to steal my vehicle .

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
My hobby is hauling lobster traps , one can usually find rotting bait within my truck's bed ( covered of course ) during most months of the year .
The smell is unbearable , I don't use fish , I like pig parts that are nice & ripe with maggots .
image.jpg
"Gimmie your keys!!!!"
image.jpg

brownIEman

This is a horrible incident. I am glad the driver is ok.
As bad as this is, based on the information given, I am going to go ahead and blame the thieves for it. You seem to want to blame UPS.
Maybe UPS could do more. There is a post in the thread indicating they have indeed added security measures to the parking lot, so seems they agree.

I am curious. What exactly do you think UPS should do for this driver? Do you believe UPS owes him a new car? Pain and suffering? What exactly.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Still have the bullet holes in the side?

gorilla75jdw

What UPS owes all employees , is exactly what they preach , SAFETY , we need some freaking safety at our facility . Rent a cops are great and all , but they are unarmed and are basically nothing more than another body with a different uniform on with maybe a flashlight. I am a 20 year employee of this hub and we have had cars, rims, radios cbs, gas cellphones, jewelry and everything else stolen while we are in this hub or reporting to and from this hub to our vehicles. How bout actually having a crossing arm with a gaurdshack at the point of entry (near the actual parking lot) in the back . How about some cameras , like the 100's that are in the hub where the crackheads they hire that are stealing them blind in the hub be placed in the parking lot . How about more than 2'3 gaurds that they currently have now , maybe 6,7 just for the back parking lot . How about having the full time supervisors and managers park in the employee parking lot that us hourlys use and then lets see how they like getting robbed . SAFETY that's what they owe us , do we account for shyt .