Feeder Driving Test

barnyard

KTM rider
permanent hire

Are you positive?

Your road test is after the 'free period.' You can work May till Labor Day as a vacation cover guy and be let go after Labor Day. I suspect that you will not know that you are permanent until you work after Labor Day.

Johney

don't change gears going over rail road tracks.

instant fail.

Is it an urban myth that changing gears while going over train tracks will cause the vehicle to stall?
Nope she's right,don't shift while going over the tracks. It's not an instant fail though you will get hit on points, also both hands on the wheel when turning(hand to hand don't cross over hands) and no shifting whiling turning.

"Phil"

Are you positive?

Your road test is after the 'free period.' You can work May till Labor Day as a vacation cover guy and be let go after Labor Day. I suspect that you will not know that you are permanent until you work after Labor Day.
Asked the question if job was full-time, HR said "yes". I will have more work than I can handle during summer, holidays and peak time. However, I will probably be laid-off from Jan-Apr, but would have guaranteed work in the warehouse during this time at package handler wages.

"Phil"

Are you positive?

Also, what is "free period", and your making me nervous when you say "let go".

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Asked the question if job was full-time, HR said "yes". I will have more work than I can handle during summer, holidays and peak time. However, I will probably be laid-off from Jan-Apr, but would have guaranteed work in the warehouse during this time at package handler wages.

Congrats.

Check with your state to see if they will supplement your wages during the Jan-Apr time frame. Some states offer a "work share" program which will pay you the difference between the higher and lower wages if the move is through no fault of your own.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Also, what is "free period", and your making me nervous when you say "let go".

There are several free periods during the year depending upon what part of the country you will be working in. Time worked during one of those periods generally does not count toward your seniority.

"Phil"

There are several free periods during the year depending upon what part of the country you will be working in. Time worked during one of those periods generally does not count toward your seniority.
According to HR, all time, whether I work or not, I will still gain seniority.