Feeder Driving Test

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

so after labor day, I should be looking for another job?

Again, none of us work where you will be working so none of us can answer that for you.

You should go in to this knowing that there is a possibility that you may be looking for another job.

There is also a possibility that they will offer you a permanent position.

"Phil"

Again, none of us work where you will be working so none of us can answer that for you.

You should go in to this knowing that there is a possibility that you may be looking for another job.

There is also a possibility that they will offer you a permanent position.
Already been told that it is a full-time position, will ask supervisor when I do my road test

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Fired implies that you screwed up.

fire
ˈfī(ə)r/
verb
past tense: fired; past participle: fired
  1. 1.
    discharge a gun or other weapon in order to explosively propel (a bullet or projectile).
    "he fired a shot at the retreating prisoners"
    synonyms: launch, shoot, discharge, let fly with More

2. 2.
    informal
    dismiss (an employee) from a job.
    "having to fire men who've been with me for years"
    synonyms: dismiss, discharge, give someone their notice, lay off, let go, get rid of, ax, cashier; More

Feedback

Once again you have no idea what your talking about

"Phil"

Congrats.

Check with your state to see if they will supplement your wages during the Jan-Apr time frame. Some states offer a "work share" program which will pay you the difference between the higher and lower wages if the move is through no fault of your own.
thanks, will do.

Over 70

Thanks. The job advertisement on the UPS website said "Full time tractor-trailer driver"

And don't take it personally like guys are routing against you. People are really just telling it like it is. It might sound :censored2:bag like over the internet but you get the picture....

Hope it's the real deal for you.

"Phil"

And don't take it personally like guys are routing against you. People are really just telling it like it is. It might sound :censored2:bag like over the internet but you get the picture....

Me too! If I pass the road test, I will be giving up a good job driving for the department of veterans affairs.

"Phil"

Me too! If I pass the road test, I will be giving up a good job driving for the department of veterans affairs.
I have a pretty good idea what the job entails. Working like hell for 7 or 8 months and then being laid off for a few months. driving to different service centers to cover runs, working mostly nights, and waiting by the phone. But I feel the if I have to do this for a couple of years or so until I get a permanent run, it will be worth it.

"Phil"

I have a pretty good idea what the job entails. Working like hell for 7 or 8 months and then being laid off for a few months. driving to different service centers to cover runs, working mostly nights, and waiting by the phone. But I feel the if I have to do this for a couple of years or so until I get a permanent run, it will be worth it.

P

pickup

Woah, Woah, WOAH!!! ,I gotta say something . You may not be aware of this but we had so many threads started in sept and oct of last year by new members talking about their full time permanent driving jobs that they just got. They were warned that things may not be what they seemed but they didn't listen claiming HR told them differently.

Many of those same members posted at the end of December that they were let go.

So please don't quit a good job if you are not 100 percent sure. Selling the cow for a handful of beans only worked for Jack and that was a fairytale and I have a feeling HR is telling you one too.

P

pickup

If you could somehow get into the lunchroom and talk to a feeder driver, he would give you the real story