Feeder Driving Test

MTTrucker

I will be taking the driving test for a feeder driving position. Its been a couple years since I drove a 10 speed if I grind the gears alittle bit is that a fail? If anyone can provide any info.,what causes failure, advice, suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
You have to be proficient in the pre-trip, dock backing, perpendicular parking, and road test.
Grinding gears shouldn't be an issue, but I wouldn't skip any.

I think you are mentally thinking about it too hard.
You'll find that sweet spot in the clutch quick.
Good Luck.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
A little grinding won't fail you, they don't expect anyone to be perfect right out the gate. Showing that you can safely handle the equipment is the number one thing they look for.

"Phil"

Attended Feeder Driver info session in Middleton, WI. Scheduled for road test week from Friday, any pointers?

"Phil"

That will be hard to do, "keeping my lane" as they are quite narrow. I will just be safe and do as you suggested. No curbs.

Over 70

You have to be proficient in the pre-trip, dock backing, perpendicular parking, and road test.
Grinding gears shouldn't be an issue, but I wouldn't skip any.

I think you are mentally thinking about it too hard.
You'll find that sweet spot in the clutch quick.
Good Luck.

Do they make you use the clutch in the big rigs? Just curious because no one does in real life other than to start.

I know when I took my class A test you had to and I had to practice double clutching after years of floating gears in a tri-axle while I had my class B.

Indecisi0n

Like mentioned above, you can get everything 100% correct but if you touch a curb on the test you are gone. So again swing wide and watch your mirrors.

"Phil"

I will be taking the driving test for a feeder driving position. Its been a couple years since I drove a 10 speed if I grind the gears alittle bit is that a fail? If anyone can provide any info.,what causes failure, advice, suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Once you have all the preliminaries done, is there a short training period?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Do they make you use the clutch in the big rigs? Just curious because no one does in real life other than to start.

I know when I took my class A test you had to and I had to practice double clutching after years of floating gears in a tri-axle while I had my class B.
Yes, at school, they train you to double clutch and not to skip gears.
They do this for one reason, it is necessary for the DMV skills exam.
After you get your CDL, they say do what feels comfortable but safe.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
So I can go on the concrete slopes, which I guess technically are not curbs?
Yes if you take the inside lane. You can also put on your hazards and take up both lanes. It is legal in wisconsin.
Are you a permanent hire or seasonal?