Feeder in-cab camera training....

Johney

I've never heard of a feeder driver unloading a trailer.

Most feeder managers won't even let them work. If they get hurt, 1)if onsite...how do you code time/ who has the injury on record/ how are loads moving if something happens, etc. 2) if off site. ..difference in State law for workers comp(does domicile stop or present facility pay and at what rate since States vary)/ how to get a load back if something happens/ how to get driver back if something happens, etc. Most feeder drivers create such a problem that they don't end up doing anything except drive.
Most if not all TDP work is done from the building they work out of. At my old building while they are “feeder drivers” and are on the feeder seniority list and pic vacation from feeders they actually work for the centers they are delivering and picking up for.

qdg2

Most if not all TDP work is done from the building they work out of. At my old building while they are “feeder drivers” and are on the feeder seniority list and pic vacation from feeders they actually work for the centers they are delivering and picking up for.
Bid jobs hear........
Most feeder managers won't even let them work. If they get hurt, 1)if onsite...how do you code time/ who has the injury on record/ how are loads moving if something happens, etc. 2) if off site. ..difference in State law for workers comp(does domicile stop or present facility pay and at what rate since States vary)/ how to get a load back if something happens/ how to get driver back if something happens, etc. Most feeder drivers create such a problem that they don't end up doing anything except drive.
Laughable. If bizarre.

If you are feeder qualified, you are expected and required....yes required to do what the job requires. 70 lbs and all the rest.

And most feeder drivers.......really? Now, "most" feeder drivers wouldn't bid a job knowing they couldn't do it......because generally they don't "WANT" to work that hard. Or can't physically. So, it never becomes a problem.

The real problems begin when the pkg ctr mgr. goes ballistic for the slow pace of the feeder driver. Again, pkg is responsible for the productivity numbers. As stated......pkg in a feeder.

Say, I've never ever heard of not sending or dispatching anyone at UPS for fear of injury. UPS sends raw rookies cross-country sleepers....cdl and a medical....you go. "If something happens...." Really?

When I had a nut and bolt industrial route in pkg.....no women ever bid it......and certainly no old folks. Too much work. Everyone knew.....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why?

They have a DOT medical.....

We mow grass, play tennis, race motocross, water ski, chop firewood....gosh even work out.....
I see mostly portly men waddling around in feeders. Natural byproduct of the low calorie burning occupation.

over9five

Staff member
I don't know... I see far more fat package drivers now. The job has become so easy with automatics, low steps, fancy electronics that tell you how to do your route...

qdg2

I don't know... I see far more fat package drivers now. The job has become so easy with automatics, low steps, fancy electronics that tell you how to do your route...
Lot's of fat part-timers too. Big uns.

We have all sizes everywhere. Since hiring alot of pkg to feeders......still fairly young and fit....

qdg2

All they need is their blood pressure, lipitor, and blood sugar meds and they are good to go!
Curious.....

Why you bagging on feeders?

And.....try a 2100-0900......see how easy it is....in bad weather......then do your DOK after you get back... 5 days a week....start your weekend at 1600 Sat. afternoon after sleeping....such as it is....(sleeping). Try it.

We get paid well. It is earned. We are required to be on-time and safe....every time. Pushing 80k lbs.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Curious.....

And.....try a 2100-0900......see how easy it is....in bad weather......then do your DOK after you get back... 5 days a week....start your weekend at 1600 Sat. afternoon after sleeping....such as it is....(sleeping). Try it.

We get paid well. It is earned. We are required to be on-time and safe....every time. Pushing 80k lbs.
Relax big boy. Wally never said driving the big rigs was easy. We were talking about physical conditioning.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Curious.....

I think no harm was personally intended. Lots of people joke about stereotypical situations at UPS. Part time potheads, runner gunners with bad knees, etc…

Pretty sure it wasn’t an attack on you.