Feeder in-cab camera training....

quad decade guy

Off the top: These cameras are for helping you be successful in meeting your "schedule" and of course being safe. I thought that was interesting....meeting your schedule....translation: stealing time.

Coaches. Surveillance video will be downloaded to a "Coach" for review WITH the driver. Each instance is subject for review....
Meaning: each time collision mitigation alerts goes off, they are recorded 8 seconds prior and downloaded...for instant review by "coaches"(sups). And, I think live feeds are possible....I think.

Sound and in cab(driver facing) is disabled....so far. I'm not sure why.

The device has an instant record button the driver can use. I do feel this is a handy feature and could potentially save your job, such as road rage and the like.

At least an accident/incident will be recorded and that will cut both ways.

Folks....this is going to make a relatively pleasant job a bitch.

Johney

Off the top: These cameras are for helping you be successful in meeting your "schedule" and of course being safe. I thought that was interesting....meeting your schedule....translation: stealing time.

Coaches. Surveillance video will be downloaded to a "Coach" for review WITH the driver. Each instance is subject for review....
Meaning: each time collision mitigation alerts goes off, they are recorded 8 seconds prior and downloaded...for instant review by "coaches"(sups). And, I think live feeds are possible....I think.

The device has an instant record button the driver can use. I do feel this is a handy feature and could potentially save your job, such as road rage and the like.

It's their equipment they can do as they please with it, don't like it? Quit,retire whatever.

Johney

There was a thread about a preload who was fired for having personal relationships with himself in the trailers...
That in itself is a whole other issue. It's like drinking while working, if you can't wait to do it when you get home you have problems.

quad decade guy

It's their equipment they can do as they please with it, don't like it? Quit,retire whatever.
Insightful....bravo.

With rumors of striking over "in cab cameras"............it's a big deal.

BTW, you mgt? Sounds like it.

BTW, this is the last piece of the micro-managing puzzle. GPS will place you exactly from the sky and cameras will record the event. Your entire day will be recorded. In cab and sound are next. Bet the farm.

Quit or retire over it? Most likely....most of us will be fired.

It won't be 30 seconds(after they are turned on) before someone is disciplined.....with speeding and running stop signs on the yard alone.

Johney

Insightful....bravo.

With rumors of striking over "in cab cameras"............it's a big deal.

BTW, you mgt? Sounds like it.

BTW, this is the last piece of the micro-managing puzzle. GPS will place you exactly from the sky and cameras will record the event. Your entire day will be recorded. In cab and sound are next. Bet the farm.

Quit or retire over it? Most likely....most of us will be fired.

It won't be 30 seconds(after they are turned on) before someone is disciplined.....with speeding and running stop signs on the yard alone.
I thought so thank you.
There will be no strike over camera's there is far more important things wake up.
Not mgt. Retired feeder driver.
So it's their crap,leave if you don't like it it's not like you don't have enough time SMH.
If you'll all be fired then there's nothing to worry about is there?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I wonder how many folks with 40 some years in will just say friend-it and retire

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
The company was forced to do something after reading on B.C. the actions of feeder drivers in the yards, acting like it was the Wild Wild West. Speeding, rolling through stop signs, no load retainers.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Perhaps, if it were truly "my schedule" and not tied to ill-conceived arbitrary Company expectations in many cases.
This was how it is being implemented until the finished product can be negotiated for.

....or arbitrated.
This is the case because that is all UPS is paying for presently from services contracted through LYTX.

LYTX devices installed have many capabilities, but purchased from an ala carte menu.
Yep
I agree
That depends upon to what extent the Union is able to "bargain for effects" in the upcoming contract.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
This goes way too far. I would strike over this.
Think bigger

1649296386213.jpeg

quad decade guy

The company was forced to do something after reading on B.C. the actions of feeder drivers in the yards, acting like it was the Wild Wild West. Speeding, rolling through stop signs, no load retainers.
Forced? No. Elected to....you bet.

Yes, I realize I am being attacked....you left out my service time.

And yet, you stumbled upon something quite significant: speeding and yes running stop signs. Speeding was clearly outlined. Interestingly, speeding could be determined now with the IVIS and GPS....so could all manner of yard infractions with cameras too. Oddly, the Company chooses to ignore the yard for now. They don't want to slow productivity.....fact. Trading safety for numbers. Fact.
Perhaps, if it were truly "my schedule" and not tied to ill-conceived arbitrary Company expectations in many cases.

This was how it is being implemented until the finished product can be negotiated for.

....or arbitrated.

This is the case because that is all UPS is paying for presently from services contracted through LYTX.

LYTX devices installed have many capabilities, but purchased from an ala carte menu.

Yep

I agree

That depends upon to what extent the Union is able to "bargain for effects" in the upcoming contract.
1. The "MAR" has always been arbitrary.

2. The cameras are here to stay. UPS expects them to be....otherwise why install them without a certain outcome?

3.Why negotiate at all(UPS)? The cameras are being installed......no different than an IVIS or even a clipboard with paper records.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
BTW. Probably the stupidest thing a company can do is install inward cameras. Any accident a driver gets into can now be reviewed and the company gives away deniability. They will end up paying more lawsuits as the video becomes discoverable in cases.