Feeling sick at work

rod

Retired 22 years
The other day i felt nausea throughout the shift as an overnight unloader, I went to the bathroom and vomited, I came back and told my fulltime supervisor "I dont feel good I just threw up" she said to me "Why are you telling me this?" along with " Im not going to send you home because you missed too many days"- instantly this made me furious bc there are individuals who show up once a week and if they got sick they got sent home(a conversation i had with a coworker the same day that doesnt show up and gets sent home for being sick), individuals who come in with a late start and get sent home early when we aren't covered, theres obviously favoritism going around the workplace. I told her "if you're not going to send me home then im not going to work at the pace I would normally do so and she didn't say anything and didnt send me home. I didn't show up for 4 out of the 5 days a week before and this was due to the fact I had final exams to study for and I let her know each day I wasn't going to show up and she acknowledged that. Then after the night i puked I didn't come to work the day after because of other flu like symptoms (extreme sore throat unable to eat or drink water, diarrhea, and fever). What can I do if she wants to write me up or wants to fire me when i come back? File a Grievance with the union or tell her upfront that she wasn't being fair to me and that she was being rude with the way she handled the situation ?

Reading this it doesn't appear that you want to work to begin with. Do yourself, the company and your fellow workers a favor and quit.

UpURSs

mrCurryKing
Reading this it doesn't appear that you want to work to begin with. Do yourself, the company and your fellow workers a favor and quit.
Listen here Rod I dont plan on working at this slave factory forever with terrible pay, terrible people, and terrible mangement, don't you worry I'm definitely going to quit slaving, and I'll have a better job after getting my degrees whereas youll prob still work here slaving away for the rest of your life :)

rod

Retired 22 years
Listen here Rod I dont plan on working at this slave factory forever with terrible pay, terrible people, and terrible mangement, don't you worry I'm definitely going to quit slaving, and I'll have a better job after getting my degrees whereas youll prob still work here slaving away for the rest of your life :)
ok- I guess you told me.

UpURSs

mrCurryKing
No excuse to miss work due to finals. You missed 4 out of 5 days??? That's insane. You should take your classes online instead. Every community college and University offers them.
Well no :censored2: Sherlock I wish I've known that earlier( being super sarcastic ) , you clearly haven't gone to a community college or university, I took those days off to do good on those exams so I don't have to work here, 4-5 days isn't anything if it will benefit me in the long run, and because of those 4-5 days I got all A's on my final so don't tell me how to take my classes, because regardless of taking them online or in class it's ultimately up to the student to do the work, thats what college is, it's student oriented unlike highschool.

UpURSs

mrCurryKing
Get sick. Faint. Call 911. Get news involved.

It happened where I work.

Now we have bosses On a short leash with hr.

Edit:
Re read your run on post.
this is peak. Why are you calling out of work? Do you have any sick hours to use? Had your attendance been good before?

It may be time to quit and get a job that you can handle.

And just because your call outs are acknowledged doesn't mean they are acceptable. There is a difference.

So what if its peak, If I don't feel good to a degree unable to work I'm not going to work, Im not going to kill myself and my health over a job, I've been here for a year and thats something considering the job we do, we see new hires quit on there first days, I can handle the job but if your body isnt agreeing what are you going to do?, If your gonna drive a car with engine problems are you going to drive it until something terrible happens or are you going to get it checked out?

yadadamean116

The other day i felt nausea throughout the shift as an overnight unloader, I went to the bathroom and vomited, I came back and told my fulltime supervisor "I dont feel good I just threw up" she said to me "Why are you telling me this?" along with " Im not going to send you home because you missed too many days"- instantly this made me furious bc there are individuals who show up once a week and if they got sick they got sent home(a conversation i had with a coworker the same day that doesnt show up and gets sent home for being sick), individuals who come in with a late start and get sent home early when we aren't covered, theres obviously favoritism going around the workplace. I told her "if you're not going to send me home then im not going to work at the pace I would normally do so and she didn't say anything and didnt send me home. I didn't show up for 4 out of the 5 days a week before and this was due to the fact I had final exams to study for and I let her know each day I wasn't going to show up and she acknowledged that. Then after the night i puked I didn't come to work the day after because of other flu like symptoms (extreme sore throat unable to eat or drink water, diarrhea, and fever). What can I do if she wants to write me up or wants to fire me when i come back? File a Grievance with the union or tell her upfront that she wasn't being fair to me and that she was being rude with the way she handled the situation ?
Why go to the bathroom and puke? Do it on the sups shoes next time

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Always work while sick , make sure it is contagious and remind your sup that they caused the whole shift to be exposed by keeping you on the job.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

What are you getting your degree in? How close are you to finishing?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

lemme guess liberal arts

Re-Raise

lemme guess liberal arts
Apparently he hasn’t taken any college grammar courses!

There instead of their

Your instead of you’re

He is just another person who is too lazy to work here and will soon find out that the elusive “pay me to do nothing” job is a little hard to find

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I know herpes is all over worts than bed bugs, Don't blame the management.
giphy.gif

UpURSs

mrCurryKing
What are you getting your degree in? How close are you to finishing?

2 more years until my bachelors for biochemistry, another 2 years for Dermatologist Physician Assistant program for my masters then another 4 years of medical school for Physician, but I’m getting my E.M.T certification next semester which lays a strong foundation for me before my masters (they require 3 years experience) so I’ll be out of here by May

UpURSs

mrCurryKing
Apparently he hasn’t taken any college grammar courses!

There instead of their

Your instead of you’re

He is just another person who is too lazy to work here and will soon find out that the elusive “pay me to do nothing” job is a little hard to find
Are you grading me? are you going to do anything that will benefit me in grammar ? No you aren’t, no need to be a grammar police, stop being a hater, this is online, I’m not submitting a research paper to you so I don’t need to spell correctly if I don’t want to, clearly you have a brain if you know what I said, and I’m not lazy I’m just energy efficient, you ain’t my professor, I don’t pay you to teach me so don’t tell me what I need to fix lol and on top of that of calling me lazy I have 2 jobs and a full time student. so I think you should change your vocabulary term of “lazy”