Felony assault charge

tieguy

Banned
lol... you remind me of those management kiss-ass. Anyways, why end the sentence with a question mark? Happy Holidays to you.

I'm not flexible enough to kiss my own ass. Is there a reason you dont want to explain why you chose such provocative pic's not to mention the Kick me sign nickname of "troll"

Nimnim

The Nim
Troll_fail.jpg

I would certainly hope you'd get fired.....an adult fighting is very childish, shows immaturity, and inability to control themselves during stressful situations..... Add the fact of driving a truck, heavy traffic, road rage, etc. I would not want a violent, angry, aggressive person walking to my front porch, where I have to tell him "sorry, I don't want it, send it back." Or walk, at a pedestrian crosswalk, while he impatiently feels like he has every right to mow me down cause he's having a "bad day" cause his supervisor told him he's 'too slow.' Violent people shouldn't be in the service industry. Perhaps you should take up boxing, or the military......something other then driving a truck in residential areas, where you may have to interact with customers.
Yawn

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Hi guys I've been lurking on the board for a while and have been a driver for 7 years. I recently got into a fight and had a 2nd degree assault charge pressed against me. I havent been to court yet and I do have an attorney. My question is if Im found guilty of this and given no jail time with unsupervised probation could I lose my job? Nobody at work knows about this. Trying to keep it under the table.

Thanks in advance

The OP has been charged, not convicted. We are all entitled to a presumption of innocence until found guilty in a court of law.

If you are in the Western Region, you shouldnt lose your job. I quote Article 28, Section 2 of the Western Region Supplemental Agreement;

"No employee shall suffer suspension or discharge without the employee(s) having been given a written warning notice.........

(a) in cases of: (1) proven dishonesty (2) drinking of alcoholic beverages while on duty (3)recklessness resulting in serious accident while on duty (4) the carrying of unauthorized passengers (5) unprovoked assault on an employee or supervisory employee while on duty (6) selling, transporting, or use of illegal narcotics while in the employement of the Employer; or (7) willful, wanton or malicious damage to the Employers property, shall be dischargeable offenses without the necessity of a warning letter being in effect."

As I read the contract, you cant get fired if you are simply convicted of an assault charge and given community service or jail time on weekends. And if your record is otherwise clean, I'm pretty sure the judge will look at your employement situation and not sentence you in a manner that will wind up costing you your job. Most of the time for minor offenses they will grant some sort of work release so that a guy who is gainfully employed with a family to support can continue working.

UPSGUY72

You haven't been convicted yet.

With that being said GROW UP I don't know how old you are but if you been driving for UPS for 7 years your most likely 30 or older. In order to grow up you may need to change the people and places that you hang around with and at. We all make choices some good and some bad, these choices may effect other aspects of are life in a negative way. Most people learn what are good and bad choices and choose the good ones.

Another way to think about it is that if you play with fire you are going to get burn eventually.

I hope thing work out for you and you learn from this mistake.

upsman68

I would certainly hope you'd get fired.....an adult fighting is very childish, shows immaturity, and inability to control themselves during stressful situations..... Add the fact of driving a truck, heavy traffic, road rage, etc. I would not want a violent, angry, aggressive person walking to my front porch, where I have to tell him "sorry, I don't want it, send it back." Or walk, at a pedestrian crosswalk, while he impatiently feels like he has every right to mow me down cause he's having a "bad day" cause his supervisor told him he's 'too slow.' Violent people shouldn't be in the service industry. Perhaps you should take up boxing, or the military......something other then driving a truck in residential areas, where you may have to interact with customers.

Come don't judge. People make mistakes. Nobody is perfect.

I hope you are joking.

Returntosender

You haven't been convicted yet.

With that being said GROW UP I don't know how old you are but if you been driving for UPS for 7 years your most likely 30 or older. In order to grow up you may need to change the people and places that you hang around with and at. We all make choices some good and some bad, these choices may effect other aspects of are life in a negative way. Most people learn what are good and bad choices and choose the good ones.

Another way to think about it is that if you play with fire you are going to get burn eventually.

I hope thing work out for you and you learn from this mistake.

No one knows the OP story.

The assault could have been over a female. Their's mulitple scenarios if a woman is involved. OP could claim crime of passion.

OP could been defending his children/child from someone?

UPSGUY72

No one knows the OP story.

The assault could have been over a female. Their's mulitple scenarios if a woman is involved. OP could claim crime of passion.

Not an good excuse for not growing up. Fighting over a girl isn't cool and fighting a girl what would that defense be. You never hit a women if they become violent you just leave and if you need call the police.

If he was defending his children I'm pretty sure he would have noted that.

Kenny Rogers said it best " you don’t have to fight to be a man"

Returntosender

What are you trying to say? The OP is so violent and a supervior telling he's to slow will make the OP run over people with the truck. Are you crazy? Only a crazy person could up with an idea like run over people becuase sup said I drive slow.

Returntosender

Kenny Rogers said it best " you don’t have to fight to be a man"

Not an good excuse for not growing up. Fighting over a girl isn't cool and fighting a girl what would that defense be. You never hit a women if they become violent you just leave and if you need call the police.

OP could have caught his wife/girl with another guy? Or another guy"drunk liquid courage for some guys" was hitting on his wife/girl at a bar?

If he was defending his children I'm pretty sure he would have noted that.

possible. Defending a immediate family member perhaps from robbery, carjacking. Or OP could be fighting a family member brother, cousins, uncle. When comes to wills for an estate the gloves come off for those in individuals mentioned in the will.

TR0LL

You won't be charged with a 2nd degree assault if you were defending yourself/ family member, etc. He obviously cares more about acting a fool, then his occupation, and that's his right. It's also his right to be removed from the general public, and stay in a controlled environment like a UPS facility to load/unload trucks. Let a more "level headed" individual take his previous driving position, and the law abiding citizens can feel that much more safer.

Returntosender

nope.....but violent people seem to have aggressive tendencies.
WTF, are you fo real. You telling me you can't tell the difference between someone who perceive as aggressive is violent. IMO most aggressive people tend to be cowards when you confront them. If they do get violent they don't know how to fight. This is becuase I wrestle. I look at aggressive person footwork when they square up against me. if their footwork is terrible then I know they are all talk.