Female employees getting treated like royalty

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
deal with it easily. get a shop steward and go into the building managers office and tell him your complaint. if he says no its not true. tell him this numbers and paperwork don't lie. and if it doesn't change you are filing a sexual harassment complaint. you will be treated like royalty then lol.
EEOC suit, til I retired kept them off my back. It was almost heaven with a whole bunch of work. Which is why I liked UPS for years. Love working hard, hated the bs.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We have a woman driver if the package is over 70lbs and no one is around to help, then another driver has to break off to assist her....
I did that at the end...because it is in the contract. Not that I couldnt do it..difference. If you lift that and God forbid get hurt, you did not follow instructions. Oh its a real pain, I got that..no longer cared. I no longer have a contract book, but it is in there. More work for less. its all a mindset. fight it or get the heck beat out of you. Sounds like a good union member to me. You should all do it. You wont be young and strong forever...and why hurt yourself? It is not the customers job to help you...they paid heavily for that shipment.

davidix

Do you have more seniority than her?

I remember when I was preloading I never let a person with less seniority take my cage.

davidix

We have a woman driver if the package is over 70lbs and no one is around to help, then another driver has to break off to assist her....
I know it's in the contract but that's weak sauce.. you're gonna bother another driver to help you with a box over 70 pounds... lol get real.

Leave it in the bottom steps or driveway if it's a goliath. Or ask the resident for help.

I would never ask another driver doing his own work to help with an oversized package. That's just not happening.

Package Stick

"Send it."
I know it's in the contract but that's weak sauce.. you're gonna bother another driver to help you with a box over 70 pounds... lol get real.

Leave it in the bottom steps or driveway if it's a goliath. Or ask the resident for help.

I would never ask another driver doing his own work to help with an oversized package. That's just not happening.
It's in the contract, use it.

What happens when you get hurt? You weren't following the methods.

over9five

Staff member

A lot of drivers like you are scared to demand their contractual rights. If he's dispatched to help you, that IS his work.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

After you :censored2: your back up which there’s a good chance you will

Get back to us

Rack em

Made the Podium

I do this at apartments when they order their cabinets and chairs and think I'm gona carry a 120+ pound package to the third floor. Nope, it gets left inside by the stairs.

But also, if a package is under 100 pounds I can easily manage by myself. But if I get slammed with a bunch of packages over 100 pounds you better believe I'm going to make management send me a union employee to help. We shouldn't be delivering this over sized crap to begin with, it should be shipped freight. The only reason Ups continues to allow these packages in our system is because they keep getting delivered. But if drivers started using their right to union assistance for every package over 100 pounds Ups would hopefully smarten up and get those packages out of the "small package" system and make it go freight.

After you :censored2: your back up which there’s a good chance you will

Get back to us
This is why I know my limits. Under 100 and I can roll the package on the cart safely and get it delivered, but anything over that and I'm getting help. I gotta do this job for too many more years to tweak my back delivering something that we shouldn't be delivering in the first place.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
....I had a lot to say but then I just said :censored2: it.
But I get in arguments with management over this very thing.
You have women who wana work and women who wana come in and look cute.

I clock in to :censored2:ing work, crack a few sanity jokes and go home.
They tried reducing my work load before because they felt like "the women shouldnt have to do it when we have all these men working" and I damn near lost it.