Female employees getting treated like royalty

rod

Retired 22 years
Buncha grown men crying about a lady doing the job. Lmfao, it’s not fair. Man the hell up. Women should be treated with dignity and respect no matter what. It may not be your wife/daughter/mother, but they’re someone else’s. Give me a break with this.
I think all the crying is about the Lady having the job done for her

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Buncha grown men crying about a lady doing the job. Lmfao, it’s not fair. Man the hell up. Women should be treated with dignity and respect no matter what. It may not be your wife/daughter/mother, but they’re someone else’s. Give me a break with this.
I never hear guys who are good at the job crying about how women get treated better, it's always the ones who can barely do the work themselves trying to point fingers.

rod

Retired 22 years
Pay then 5 bucks an hour less and send them on the road--mission accomplished.

Staydryitsraining

Had a woman in her early 50s. Could unload faster than most of the men, didnt matter their age. Was with the company over 20 years. This was back in the spa days though so she would unload every other truck. But still amazed.

rod

Retired 22 years
You mean the guy who brags about how his center wouldn't hire any black guys? Sounds legit...
I was just stating a fact-not bragging. It wasn’t the centers fault the very small black community around here wouldn’t apply for jobs.

brostalss

IMG_1169.jpg

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
At my warehouse the female employees don’t get sexually harassed, it’s more of them being praised and treated like royalty and getting away with stuff that the male employees would never get away with.

I’m glad they don’t get sexually harassed, but I’m getting increasingly irritated of the special treatment they receive. I work in pre-load and only three females work in pre-load, 2 of them work on my penn. Whenever we are short staffed, who gets the extra trucks to load? Not the girls. The male loaders get stuck loading 5 or 6 trucks each and the females get their normal 4 trucks. How is that fair? Also if our penn wraps up their trucks early, who gets to go home? The females. Who gets to go help other penns finish loading? The males. Every. Single. Time. Recently, what pushed me very close to the edge of a tantrum similar to that of a 1st grader, was this: I have been loading my normal 4 trucks for 16 of the 18 months that I have worked here. Last week, my supervisor approached me and told me I’m getting a new drop and when I asked why he told me “we’re just moving people around a bit”. Dehhh, thanks for the detailed answer? Lol I just grabbed my stuff and moved to where I was told; on break I went and asked the girl who took over my trucks why they moved us (we swapped spots with each other while no one else in our penn had to move or switch at all). She told me that there was too much bulk for her so she asked to switch. The following day at our weekly PCM she got recognized for her “excellent work ethic and always being on time blah blah blah”

UGH, it’s irritating me even thinking about it as I type. Why aren’t we all being treated as equals? Is this something I bring to managements attention or the Union? It’s honestly getting to the point that I am beginning to feel discriminated against because of my gender.

Advice or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Remember, she'll be a single mama one day and you'll have the last laugh

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Everyone will deny it but they ARE treated different by both management and customers. Always h
I think the first time I ever disagreed with you
I never hear guys who are good at the job crying about how women get treated better, it's always the ones who can barely do the work themselves trying to point fing
Can i apply for this place?...sounds kind of like the one I formerly worked at..but they were not nice to women..or men..they were equal opportunity abusers..lol

derrick

deal with it easily. get a shop steward and go into the building managers office and tell him your complaint. if he says no its not true. tell him this numbers and paperwork don't lie. and if it doesn't change you are filing a sexual harassment complaint. you will be treated like royalty then lol.