Fighting ORION discipline...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We have individuals with intent to suspends and intent to discharges.

For not meeting some sort of compliance metric.... Or, refusing to try ?

In my Local, the only people that even care are newbies and trainee's.

Management doesn't care, because they know how jacked-up it is.

They're happy when they aren't paying AM and PM air drivers to shuttle irregs.

And even then.... they will roll pkgs until they next day.

Common occurrence. (outside of peak)

-Bug-

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
sketch-1503926298312.png

There, OrioN says to follow the plan, u follow it and watch your paycheck grow!

U brownies are soo lucky to be paid hourly to do so.

On the eggplant ground/ HD side, time is money for me. I don't follow our version of OrioN or I'll be out late on a daily basis, Lowering my sporh, thus lowering my overall $/hour.

Dr.Brownz

They haven't asked us to run 100% yet. I figure they won't try that till after peak when middle management needs a way to show they are "working" on whatever metric they are obsessing over at the time.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Has anyone had any success fighting ORION discipline. It is bluntly obvious ORION doesn't work. Between leaving the building late, ORION asking to deliver commercial stops after 5:00pm, and ORION not allotting for lunch, what other ways have you combated any discipline towards not running your percentage of ORION that has been asked of you.... Asking for a friend.

You can probably fight the discipline, but if they direct you to follow Orion, just do it. Take your lunch when you are supposed to, if that means you will miss pick ups, or commercial stops, message that in. After a while they will either ask you to stop following Orion, or they will fix your route. If they ask you to stop following Orion, ask them to rescind any discipline related to not following it.

You are expected to make decisions in the best interest of the company. When you and management disagree about what is in the best interest of the company, do it their way. Sometimes you have to demonstrate why you are right. And sometimes the easiest way to fight discipline is to just wait 9 months.

Ghost in the Darkness

They get on you about orion during peak? I make sure its off so I pass on the extra OT it creates. I beat their computer projections by 15-20 miles per day. No word has been spoken to me, its been my way everyday since mid November.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Took about 3 months, in the summer of 2014, to have management "instruct" me to turn it off.

Only cost them about $1,300 in 9.5 violations.
Did they "instruct" you in writing? My PDS has been telling me not to follow ORION. Asked him to text those instructions to me and he refuses. I still follow it as close to 100% as possible as it adds more miles to my day.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
ORION is a great tool, but the foundation it was built on is mostly garbage

bad high-lows? :censored2:ed up solution
bad area breaks? :censored2:ed up solution
bad street order? :censored2:ed up solution

every time i've seen a :censored2:ed up ODO, and look into correcting it, it's because the RDO beneath it is total dog:censored2: already

we've gotten so used to running RDO without actually fixing it, that we didn't take the time to fix its mistakes before we rolled out something better

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
ORION is a great tool, but the foundation it was built on is mostly garbage

bad high-lows? :censored2:ed up solution
bad area breaks? :censored2:ed up solution
bad street order? :censored2:ed up solution

every time i've seen a :censored2:ed up ODO, and look into correcting it, it's because the RDO beneath it is total dog:censored2: already

we've gotten so used to running RDO without actually fixing it, that we didn't take the time to fix its mistakes before we rolled out something better
When we rolled out PAS/EDD it completely screwed up the DOLs. It was laughable how bad it was. ORION no different.

brownIEman

You can probably fight the discipline, but if they direct you to follow Orion, just do it. Take your lunch when you are supposed to, if that means you will miss pick ups, or commercial stops, message that in. After a while they will either ask you to stop following Orion, or they will fix your route. If they ask you to stop following Orion, ask them to rescind any discipline related to not following it.

You are expected to make decisions in the best interest of the company. When you and management disagree about what is in the best interest of the company, do it their way. Sometimes you have to demonstrate why you are right. And sometimes the easiest way to fight discipline is to just wait 9 months.
Very well said.

Daf

You are not supposed to be disaplined based on the information from a computer monitoring what you are doing.

However if you are being told you HAVE to run Orion you have to work as directed. If it makes your day 3 hours longer and they complain. Throw the problem back at them and tell them "fix Orion. I'm working as directed"

El Correcto

god is dead
We have individuals with intent to suspends and intent to discharges.
They did this to me, went in snapped a picture of the numbers for a week and filed harassment and retaliation for union activity showing all the other people who ran a lower percentage than me and not be pulled in for discipline. It worked and they never brought it up to me again.