filing on a supervisor

WorkingAsDirected

Because your Business Agent is your legal representative. You got a lot to learn.

I am eager to learn. I always thought your BA would represent the employee's best interest in negotiation. Are you saying the BA would not allow this matter go to state panel? Where would I go to educate myself on this topic? Thanks.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Because your Business Agent is your legal representative. You got a lot to learn.

Agency law requires that they act based on your wishes. They have to convince you to do something that you don't want to before they can rightfully do it, but they have to be honest, you can bring them up on fraud charges if not.

F

Frankie's Friend

I am eager to learn. I always thought your BA would represent the employee's best interest in negotiation. Are you saying the BA would not allow this matter go to state panel? Where would I go to educate myself on this topic? Thanks.
NLRB. Filing a charge against your BA prob won't go far but it'll get their attention.
Pull your union rep outside the hearing room and warn the BA that you're going to file an Unfair Labor Charge against him/her if they screw you out of valid recourse before you settle the grievance. See how your rep acts then.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What the average part time sup looks like in the hub:

sweat.gif

john chesney

Thanks for the help! What happens at state panel? I vaguely remember hearing something that If you refuse their offer it gets heard by arbitration and you will get 100% or nothing. This whole process is clouded in mystery to me.
Honestly you could get everything, nothing or something in between.It could also deadlock there and go to next level JAC.This is central region I don’t know if deadlocked state panel decisions go to arbitration in other areas.

john chesney

Thanks for the help! What happens at state panel? I vaguely remember hearing something that If you refuse their offer it gets heard by arbitration and you will get 100% or nothing. This whole process is clouded in mystery to me.
You can’t refuse decisions at the state panel.It is a binding decision

WorkingAsDirected

Honestly you could get everything, nothing or something in between.It could also deadlock there and go to next level JAC.This is central region I don’t know if deadlocked state panel decisions go to arbitration in other areas.

What is JAC? Why is there so much negotiation with grievance hours to begin with? Doesn't the contract state clearly what happens when supervisors work? Maybe management allows all these supervisors to work because they know that they rarely ever have to pay out the full amount.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Agency law requires that they act based on your wishes. They have to convince you to do something that you don't want to before they can rightfully do it, but they have to be honest, you can bring them up on fraud charges if not.

It's not fraud, it would be misrepresentation.

When you file a grievance you authorize your Business Agent to act on your behalf.

The business agent is required to present the companies offer.

If the agent is smart and the member declines, just deadlock it to the next

stage. It's no skin off my nose.... but, a great way to not get reelected.

Your BA would be a fool to settle something you were not satisfied with

Yep.

A NLRB charge will cost the Local money, in the form of attorney fee's.

The rule of thumb (not written in stone) is you will never get a better deal

than you will at the lowest level possible. In the Central Region, the process

is Local level, State panel, JAC panel, JAC deadlock committee, then National.

The process can be found in other regional supplements.

A supervisor working grievance should be filed.

It's not about the money.... you want the problem stopped.

-Bug-

john chesney

What is JAC? Why is there so much negotiation with grievance hours to begin with? Doesn't the contract state clearly what happens when supervisors work? Maybe management allows all these supervisors to work because they know that they rarely ever have to pay out the full amount.
It’s where cases go to that deadlock at the state panels in central region. I’m not claiming to know how it works everywhere.The company usually makes excuses for supervisors working like training or emergencies.

john chesney

It's not fraud, it would be misrepresentation.

The business agent is required to present the companies offer.

If the agent is smart and the member declines, just deadlock it to the next

stage. It's no skin off my nose.... but, a great way to not get reelected.

Yep.

A NLRB charge will cost the Local money, in the form of attorney fee's.

The rule of thumb (not written in stone) is you will never get a better deal

than you will at the lowest level possible. In the Central Region, the process

is Local level, State panel, JAC panel, JAC deadlock committee, then National.

The process can be found in other regional supplements.

A supervisor working grievance should be filed.

It's not about the money.... you want the problem stopped.

-Bug-
While I agree with everything you said I’ve seen the union deadlock cases at state panel to jac when the company wouldn’t pay.The jac awarded a much better deal.Ive had members travel to Florida, Michigan and Chicago but won