filing on a supervisor

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I hate to agree with you, but from my experience, the sup will just say he is training.
If the sup is not side by side with a new hourly then his argument is invalid. If he is training someone that has completed their 30 days already then the hourly must be told to stop and watch.

You guys are missing one scenario.
If an hourly doesn't show up for work NC/NS, then the supervisor CAN work until they can find someone to staff the position.
On the preload, they have a list of drivers to call in if understaffed.
UPS is not going to shut down the operation because someone doesn't show for work.
When you see a supervisor working, you tell the steward so HE/SHE can find out WHY he is doing bargained work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If an hourly doesn't show up for work NC/NS, then the supervisor CAN work until they can find someone to staff the position.
UPS is not going to shut down the operation because someone doesn't show for work.
When you see a supervisor working, you tell the steward so HE/SHE can find out WHY he is doing bargained work.
They have to exhaust all options.

Typical scenario in my preload days was send 3 people home then blame the NC/NS on why the sup was working lol

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
While I agree with everything you said I’ve seen the union deadlock cases at state panel to jac when the company wouldn’t pay.The jac awarded a much better deal.Ive had members travel to Florida, Michigan and Chicago but won

I can't disagree, and that's why I put in quotations (it's not written in stone).

A member traveling on a supe working grievance, would be far and few between.

On a discharge.... absolutely, if you want your job back.

Investigation is the key in a grievance like this.

But, chronic understaffing, is usually the culprit.

What causes understaffing;

Could it be wages, benefits, and or working conditions ?

-Bug-

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's not fraud, it would be misrepresentation.

You know more about it than I do, but my understanding is if the BA accepted a settlement against your wishes, that would be misrepresentation. If he lied to you to get you to accept a settlement, that would constitute fraud. I'm guessing both fall under the same category as far as the NLRB rules are concerned.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You know more about it than I do, but my understanding is if the BA accepted a settlement against your wishes, that would be misrepresentation. If he lied to you to get you to accept a settlement, that would constitute fraud. I'm guessing both fall under the same category as far as the NLRB rules are concerned.

Here is an easier way to look at it.

If you are discharged, are you willing to negotiate ?

I can get you every dime.... of the supe working grievance.

What happens if you screw up ?

Think about it.

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

"Learning" from you is a race to the bottom.

Learning something new from you that I could apply to my job skills is failure for me or anyone else subjected to your trolling.

Thank God there are normal people working this job countering your presence.

Edit all you want to. That's all you got parasite. Everyone on here knows it. And when we hear the toilet flush on your last day we can hopefully be confident that you're finally gone.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
my steward tells us to stop working and shadow them if they dont stop we dont even need to file most of the time our center manager usually just pays out