Finally!! GAME ON!! The NFL is BACK!!!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
That was a fun game.:)
Leaving in two hours for Orlando Florida and Disney. But on Sunday, taking the family north two hours to watch the Chicago machine tear up the Jaguars. Paid way to much for the tickets (considering it's Jacksonville) but hoping the kids get to see an offensive explosion. They aren't quite to the point of enjoying a close, hard fought game so they should enjoy this.
Disney is a blast, we went there last year. Where are you staying?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
That was a fun game.:)
Leaving in two hours for Orlando Florida and Disney. But on Sunday, taking the family north two hours to watch the Chicago machine tear up the Jaguars. Paid way to much for the tickets (considering it's Jacksonville) but hoping the kids get to see an offensive explosion. They aren't quite to the point of enjoying a close, hard fought game so they should enjoy this.

Last year, oh so long ago, I flew to Miami to meet my husband at a business thing and stayed on the beach. It was Thanksgiving week.
We went to Sunlife to see the Fins play the Bills.
We then drove to Disney and stayed in Orleans.

That is an awesome trip and the foundation of strong memories.

bbsam

Staff member
Honestly the trip started as me looking to take the family to an away game. Figured we may as well go big with it since we haven't been on a real vacation in over 10 years. This is a little bigger than I envisioned, but kids have to experience disney at least once.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Saratoga Springs Resorts. My brother in law hass a time share that he's letting us use for free. Uncle D and Aunt B came through big time!:)
Ooh that's one of the high rollin resorts, look at you! We stayed at Coronado Springs (cuz I don't have a rich uncle)which was still pretty nice.

bbsam

Staff member
Ooh that's one of the high rollin resorts, look at you! We stayed at Coronado Springs (cuz I don't have a rich uncle)which was still pretty nice.

We had no idea of the times share until we were making plans at Easter. Following day Uncle D calls up and offers it. Needless to say, very pleasant surprise.

texan

Drew Brees:
You may have heard Drew Brees is set to make more NFL history this Sunday night in New Orleans when he
takes on the San Diego Chargers.

Brees needs one touchdown pass to move past Johnny Unitas’ record streak of 47 consecutive games with a
touchdown pass, which Unitas compiled from 1956 through 1960.

It is the NFL equivalent of Joe DiMaggio’s 56-game hitting streak.

One of the longest-standing records in NFL history, this one is so big that Brees asked the NFL if suspended
Saints coach Sean Payton, G.M. Mickey Loomis and assistant coach Joe Vitt can attend the game.

But the strange thing no one has been talking about is this: Brees has already had the record by himself since the
first quarter of Week 1.

Do not forget the postseason.

How does Brees already have the record? Simple. All you have to do is add the six playoff games since
2009 that have come during the streak, which began in Week 6 that year — and Brees was sitting at 49
games before the start of this season.

That is the exact same number as Unitas, who had touchdown passes in both the 1958 and 1959 NFL
Championship wins in addition to the 47 regular-season games.

When Brees threw his first touchdown of the season in Week 1 versus the Washington Redskins, that was
his 50th consecutive game with a touchdown pass, setting the record right there.

Yet no one has seemed to look at it that way. Meanwhile, one of the other most-cherished records in NFL
history, Don Shula’s seemingly unbreakable 347 wins as a head coach, does include the postseason (19 wins).

texan

Washington and Atlanta should be an interesting game.
The Falcons have a really good team.

Disclaimer fan of neither of the above, but hopefully this will be a good game.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Drew Brees:
You may have heard Drew Brees is set to make more NFL history this Sunday night in New Orleans when he
takes on the San Diego Chargers.

Brees needs one touchdown pass to move past Johnny Unitas’ record streak of 47 consecutive games with a
touchdown pass, which Unitas compiled from 1956 through 1960.

It is the NFL equivalent of Joe DiMaggio’s 56-game hitting streak.

One of the longest-standing records in NFL history, this one is so big that Brees asked the NFL if suspended
Saints coach Sean Payton, G.M. Mickey Loomis and assistant coach Joe Vitt can attend the game.

But the strange thing no one has been talking about is this: Brees has already had the record by himself since the
first quarter of Week 1.

Do not forget the postseason.

How does Brees already have the record? Simple. All you have to do is add the six playoff games since
2009 that have come during the streak, which began in Week 6 that year — and Brees was sitting at 49
games before the start of this season.

That is the exact same number as Unitas, who had touchdown passes in both the 1958 and 1959 NFL
Championship wins in addition to the 47 regular-season games.

When Brees threw his first touchdown of the season in Week 1 versus the Washington Redskins, that was
his 50th consecutive game with a touchdown pass, setting the record right there.

Yet no one has seemed to look at it that way. Meanwhile, one of the other most-cherished records in NFL
history, Don Shula’s seemingly unbreakable 347 wins as a head coach, does include the postseason (19 wins).

Katie bar the door 'cause AJ is going to say something about Drew.

Drew Brees holding out hurt the team.
He was not there for preseason.
Yet when the player union was on strike, he (and Vlima) organized practices with the team.

When the team needed his leadership - he was holding out.

I hold Drew responsible for the record.
They (Saints and city of NO) over came huge hurdles since Katrina.
Drew failed to recognize this new hurdle and now the team is 0-4.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Katie bar the door 'cause AJ is going to say something about Drew.

Drew Brees holding out hurt the team.
He was not there for preseason.
Yet when the player union was on strike, he (and Vlima) organized practices with the team.

When the team needed his leadership - he was holding out.

I hold Drew responsible for the record.
They (Saints and city of NO) over came huge hurdles since Katrina.
Drew failed to recognize this new hurdle and now the team is 0-4.
I would say that ownership holding out hurt the team. If they wouldn't agree to the contract that he wanted then holding out was the only leverage he had and I don't blame him for using it. You gotta take care of yourself first.

texan

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees (9) reacts after completing a touchdown pass for his 48th
consecutive game, breaking Johnny Unitas' NFL record which stood for over 50 years, during an
NFL football game against the San Diego Chargers at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in
New Orleans, Sunday, Oct. 7, 2012. (AP Photo/Bill Feig)
201210072020732134199-p2.jpg

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yay!!!! Dish says I should have the locals, i.e. fox. So, while I'm waiting to get that issue fixed, the kid felt bad for me and turned on 'the redzone' channel for free for 3 months.