Finally!! GAME ON!! The NFL is BACK!!!!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yay!!!! Dish says I should have the locals, i.e. fox. So, while I'm waiting to get that issue fixed, the kid felt bad for me and turned on 'the redzone' channel for free for 3 months.
You didn't miss anything today, they blew another game they should have won.

texan

One thing is for sure...
I would NEVER place a bet on an NFL game.

"on any given Sunday, anything can happen."

texan

Most likely, only a baby boomer would appreciate the below:
I watched him on black and white TV (do not laugh) when he came off the bench and did these things
for the Raiders.

It all started on this day (25 Oct) , a fall football day in 1970.

George Blanda, who had played pro football for the Chicago Bears for ten years, retired and then returned to the
game as starting quarterback for the Houston Oilers. He led the Oilers to two AFC championships, earning the
title of AFC Player of the Year in 1961. By 1966 he was no longer the starter for the team, but was the
team’s kicker, leading the league with 116 points. Blanda was then traded to the Oakland Raiders, primarily
as a kicker.

That’s when George Blanda became a legend in his own time.

As posted above, it happened on this day in 1970. That’s when Blanda, 43 years old, replaced Daryle Lamonica, the
Raiders injured quarterback.

Blanda tossed three touchdown passes (19, 43 and 44 yards), taking the Raiders to an easy victory over
the Pittsburgh Steelers (31-14). And that was only the beginning.

The following week, George Blanda kicked a field goal 48 yards to tie the Raiders with Kansas City -- with only three seconds left to play.

The next week, Blanda replaced Lamonica in the last quarter. Oakland was down by one touchdown.
With one minute and fourteen seconds remaining, Blanda threw a 14-yard touchdown, tied the game, then
kicked a 52-yard field goal in the last three seconds.

Another week, another game and another Blanda heroic ending -- with only four minutes left to play.
Denver was in the lead over Oakland by two points. Blanda drove for 80 yards, then threw a touchdown
pass to Fred Biletnikoff. Oakland won.

His heroics continued the following week. With four seconds remaining, the game tied at 17, Blanda kicked
a 16-yard field goal and San Diego went home the loser.

Oakland won the division championship and Blanda became AFC Player of the Year and AP male athlete of the year, at age 43!!!
George.jpg

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I wouldn't be surprised if there are some Colts fans who think they made the wrong choice.

I pray a talent like RGIII doesn't travel the same path as Vince Young and Cam Newton.
I have the same prayers for Luck.

I feel their team set them up for failure disguised as success.
Where is Ryan Leaf and Vince Young these days?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Most likely, only a baby boomer would appreciate the below:
I watched him on black and white TV (do not laugh) when he came off the bench and did these things
for the Raiders.

It all started on this day (25 Oct) , a fall football day in 1970.

George Blanda, who had played pro football for the Chicago Bears for ten years, retired and then returned to the
game as starting quarterback for the Houston Oilers. He led the Oilers to two AFC championships, earning the
title of AFC Player of the Year in 1961. By 1966 he was no longer the starter for the team, but was the
team’s kicker, leading the league with 116 points. Blanda was then traded to the Oakland Raiders, primarily
as a kicker.

That’s when George Blanda became a legend in his own time.

As posted above, it happened on this day in 1970. That’s when Blanda, 43 years old, replaced Daryle Lamonica, the
Raiders injured quarterback.

Blanda tossed three touchdown passes (19, 43 and 44 yards), taking the Raiders to an easy victory over
the Pittsburgh Steelers (31-14). And that was only the beginning.

The following week, George Blanda kicked a field goal 48 yards to tie the Raiders with Kansas City -- with only three seconds left to play.

The next week, Blanda replaced Lamonica in the last quarter. Oakland was down by one touchdown.
With one minute and fourteen seconds remaining, Blanda threw a 14-yard touchdown, tied the game, then
kicked a 52-yard field goal in the last three seconds.

Another week, another game and another Blanda heroic ending -- with only four minutes left to play.
Denver was in the lead over Oakland by two points. Blanda drove for 80 yards, then threw a touchdown
pass to Fred Biletnikoff. Oakland won.

His heroics continued the following week. With four seconds remaining, the game tied at 17, Blanda kicked
a 16-yard field goal and San Diego went home the loser.

Oakland won the division championship and Blanda became AFC Player of the Year and AP male athlete of the year, at age 43!!!
George.jpg

Wow.
Thank you.
I really need to learn NFL history beyond Joe Montana.