Finally....

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Why the hell wouldn’t you go work for Boeing??? Much better job than ups or amazon.... know a couple people that work at Boeing and they have nothing but GOOD things to say about the company....one is a machinist and the other in mgt...

It involves a major relocation that I'm not sure I'm ready for. I mean it would be cool because I'd be able to hang out with my brother and smoke weed in a legal state but I'd be away from my good friends and other family

old levi's

blank space
After almost 4 years of preload I am officially off the boxline. I've been through being a floater, to 3 car, a 4 car and to even covering 2 separate lighter pulls. I went from asking nice, complaining about shoulder problems, to absolutely not giving a :censored2: about how fast I go.

When you motivate your employees with fear, it only works until stop caring about whether or not they lose their jobs. I have other opportunities I could take for more money and similiar insurance. The only reason I do not is because I would lose my seniority, pension, and guaranteed raises over the years.

After a week and half of letting my pull go to absolutely dog :censored2: I am finally by myself loading a single bulk truck that gets about 800 pieces including 2 post office stops. I showed up everyday on time and followed all rules and methods. Made some enemies both supervisors and coworkers alike, filed a harassment grievance. And all of the sudden a few weeks later....

... I actually like my job. I go in everyday and don't stress, listen to my podcasts and books while I work. Life is good.

Now, since I know this site so well you are all thinking oh God what a snowflake, cool story bro why the :censored2: do we care blah blah blah etc etc etc but honestly I just posted this to say thanks to you clowns because I learned so much on here on how to play their game and now I can play it to my advantage.

only 4 years?

Box Ox

It involves a major relocation that I'm not sure I'm ready for. I mean it would be cool because I'd be able to hang out with my brother and smoke weed in a legal state but I'd be away from my good friends and other family

You could get away from Amazon/UPS for life, smoke legal weed and work for a great company. Being able to regularly go up into the Vancouver/BC area would be cool too. I’d be ready to go no matter what.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
You could get away from Amazon/UPS for life, smoke legal weed and work for a great company. Being able to regularly go up into the Vancouver/BC area would be cool too. I’d be ready to go no matter what.

Amazon is a great company too. I wouldn't mind going to school here and moving up in management. I'd really like to get a 2 year degree and be a physical therapist assistant.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Our management orders food all the time for us here at Amazon, they never stress us out with too much work, and like to joke around with us have a good time and develop a actual human relationship. Sure we have some rough days but our rough days here don't compare to even 10 percent of what ups can give you for a day

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Bottom line is I'm saying thank you too every single member that posts in this site . Everyone that keeps this site alive and posts their personal stories and truth I appreciate. It may have come in time like @Box Ox said but I may have not had the balls so soon. I'm happy to have discovered a resource like browncafe that has allowed me to see through the UPS facade and give me the knowledge and power to make a decent living without disabling my body. My respect forever goes to the drivers, the real MVPs and the people (not "bodies") that keep ups in business.

moomoom

Found browncafe my first month at ups and was off the boxline and in a single bulk truck within 6 months. The days truly got a lot easier. Most of the guys in my wing are 50+ and it's just smooth sailing everyday now.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
14 to 17 an hour is poverty wages near Seattle. Boeing is a good job but they make a little less than we do. Especially starting from the bottom. You would have to work 2 jobs again until you made enough at boeing. Seattle building is short drivers just about everyday. The bottom 10 or so in my center work 6 days a week because they are called in every Monday. We are hiring drivers off the street. If you have family here you should utilize it.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
B
14 to 17 an hour is poverty wages near Seattle. Boeing is a good job but they make a little less than we do. Especially starting from the bottom. You would have to work 2 jobs again until you made enough at boeing. Seattle building is short drivers just about everyday. The bottom 10 or so in my center work 6 days a week because they are called in every Monday. We are hiring drivers off the street. If you have family here you should utilize it.

BOEING is great for as long as you have it.