Finally....

El Correcto

god is dead
After almost 4 years of preload I am officially off the boxline. I've been through being a floater, to 3 car, a 4 car and to even covering 2 separate lighter pulls. I went from asking nice, complaining about shoulder problems, to absolutely not giving a :censored2: about how fast I go.

When you motivate your employees with fear, it only works until stop caring about whether or not they lose their jobs. I have other opportunities I could take for more money and similiar insurance. The only reason I do not is because I would lose my seniority, pension, and guaranteed raises over the years.

After a week and half of letting my pull go to absolutely dog :censored2: I am finally by myself loading a single bulk truck that gets about 800 pieces including 2 post office stops. I showed up everyday on time and followed all rules and methods. Made some enemies both supervisors and coworkers alike, filed a harassment grievance. And all of the sudden a few weeks later....

... I actually like my job. I go in everyday and don't stress, listen to my podcasts and books while I work. Life is good.

Now, since I know this site so well you are all thinking oh God what a snowflake, cool story bro why the :censored2: do we care blah blah blah etc etc etc but honestly I just posted this to say thanks to you clowns because I learned so much on here on how to play their game and now I can play it to my advantage.
Without the advice of browncafe my part time career went something like this.
>Start in unload, be happy to have job and work hard everyday.
>Boss notices and sends me to loading.
>Start hating my job as a loader, start talking to the co workers I see that have it easy.
>Start focusing on safety.
>Boss gets pissed sent back to unload within a month.
>Notice sorters get a dollar raise, people less seniority getting asked to qualify.
>File grievance and get sent to sorting.
>Start securing main belt of my hub 10 times a night for egress issues, bombing not only my areas production but the outbounds production to.
>Get sent back to unload but maintain my dollar raise for a skilled position.
>Coasted into driving and qualified my first time.

UPS is a wonderful company to be a part timer at if you give 0 :censored2:s.
They want it done faster, hire more people.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Lmao I know I'm still a floater when I'm finished at my position but it's nice not being responsible for one of those gosh darn pulls. When it's backed to :censored2: and the manager walks by he doesn't look at me like "wtf" anymore.

Oohhhhh you'll be back. Someone will call out sick one day or go on vacation, and you'll be the first person that sup thinks of to cover that area.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Oohhhhh you'll be back. Someone will call out sick one day or go on vacation, and you'll be the first person that sup thinks of to cover that area.

Try it you'll get the same old IDGAF :censored2: preloader. It won't be long until they remember why they took me off.

People around me notice my attitude and all the time ask me why I'm still working here. My response is always because they haven't fired me yet.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Bottom line is I'm saying thank you too every single member that posts in this site . Everyone that keeps this site alive and posts their personal stories and truth I appreciate. It may have come in time like @Box Ox said but I may have not had the balls so soon. I'm happy to have discovered a resource like browncafe that has allowed me to see through the UPS facade and give me the knowledge and power to make a decent living without disabling my body. My respect forever goes to the drivers, the real MVPs and the people (not "bodies") that keep ups in business.

Absolutely brother. Thankful for Brown Cafe and the people who actually run the building- the teamsters.

DOK

After almost 4 years of preload I am officially off the boxline. I've been through being a floater, to 3 car, a 4 car and to even covering 2 separate lighter pulls. I went from asking nice, complaining about shoulder problems, to absolutely not giving a :censored2: about how fast I go.

When you motivate your employees with fear, it only works until stop caring about whether or not they lose their jobs. I have other opportunities I could take for more money and similiar insurance. The only reason I do not is because I would lose my seniority, pension, and guaranteed raises over the years.

After a week and half of letting my pull go to absolutely dog :censored2: I am finally by myself loading a single bulk truck that gets about 800 pieces including 2 post office stops. I showed up everyday on time and followed all rules and methods. Made some enemies both supervisors and coworkers alike, filed a harassment grievance. And all of the sudden a few weeks later....

... I actually like my job. I go in everyday and don't stress, listen to my podcasts and books while I work. Life is good.

Now, since I know this site so well you are all thinking oh God what a snowflake, cool story bro why the :censored2: do we care blah blah blah etc etc etc but honestly I just posted this to say thanks to you clowns because I learned so much on here on how to play their game and now I can play it to my advantage.

When you work in a team environment you never want to be the weakest link. The less you do, the more work you push on others. You ever play sports, bruh?

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
Try it you'll get the same old IDGAF :censored2: preloader. It won't be long until they remember why they took me off.

People around me notice my attitude and all the time ask me why I'm still working here. My response is always because they haven't fired me yet.

You know, there are plenty of other people who would love to have your job right now. You should be a little bit more thankful you have one that lets you get away with poor performance and a :censored2: attitude that you seem to be so proud of.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
You know, there are plenty of other people who would love to have your job right now. You should be a little bit more thankful you have one that lets you get away with poor performance and a :censored2: attitude that you seem to be so proud of.

No there isn't, they all ran off to Amazon. I'm thankful to have a means but it doesn't have to be at ups. I do work and I work safely and correctly.

People that would "love" to work at ups... Give me a break.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
If anything I'm thankful for the union for giving me my paid vacation, steady pay raises, and guaranteed hours with full benefits at a part time job.

You think ups wants me to have any of that?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
When you work in a team environment you never want to be the weakest link. The less you do, the more work you push on others. You ever play sports, bruh?
Nobody wants a sports injury to happen.
And working faster always means more errors. Especially needles like surepost and address issues.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup
If anything I'm thankful for the union for giving me my paid vacation, steady pay raises, and guaranteed hours with full benefits at a part time job.

You think ups wants me to have any of that?

The union is what I was referring to. UPS wants numbers, that's it. If it wasn't for the union, I can't imagine UPS would stay in business, they would fire everyone for missloads and being 2 minutes late.

And yes, there are people who would love to work here. Not just the obvious reason they need a job, but because of the union and benefits. And this place isn't that bad, not all the time. It is what you make it!