Finding a Wife in the Philippines

newfie

It goes way beyond that VT. Your beloved GOP fought bitterly to keep said programs from becoming law. Foremost among them is Bob Dole who while a member of the House filibustered the House in an attempt to get the Medicare bill back into committee where he had the votes lined up to kill it. And now Dear Leader has set out to drive Medicare payments to care providers down so low that more doctors will refuse to accept Medicare patients as well as to severely cut Medicaid funding in an attempt to balance the budget on the backs of nursing home patients. So don't be too certain about your allotted share because it could be so small that it won't be of use to you if it's even there period.

Bob Dole?

Making things up again?

there is no such proposed plan in front of congress by Trump.

bacha29

Bob Dole?

Making things up again?

there is no such proposed plan in front of congress by Trump.
$845 billion cut from Medicare and 1.5 trillion cut from Medicaid . It's all right there in Trump's 2019-2020 budget sent to Congress. It's all public information.

newfie

$845 billion cut from Medicare and 1.5 trillion cut from Medicaid . It's all right there in Trump's 2019-2020 budget sent to Congress. It's all public information.

Is it? did you dig any deeper or just accept the talking point provided you?

did you see anything about the money being moved from one bucket to another? perhaps something about 1.2 trillion in block grants provided to the states instead?

quote - "It’s impossible to apportion how much of that is Medicaid because we don’t know how states will spend their new grant," Goldwein said. "But I think it’s somewhat misleading to suggest Medicaid is being cut by $1.4 trillion when a large chunk of that money is really being reprioritized rather than eliminated."

Did Trump try to cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security?

did i mention you were misleading? can I suggest you dont ever accuse trump of being a liar since you've clearly demonstrated that you are much worse?

bacha29

Is it? did you dig any deeper or just accept the talking point provided you?

did you see anything about the money being moved from one bucket to another? perhaps something about 1.2 trillion in block grants provided to the states instead?

quote - "It’s impossible to apportion how much of that is Medicaid because we don’t know how states will spend their new grant," Goldwein said. "But I think it’s somewhat misleading to suggest Medicaid is being cut by $1.4 trillion when a large chunk of that money is really being reprioritized rather than eliminated."

Did Trump try to cut Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security?

did i mention you were misleading? can I suggest you dont ever accuse trump of being a liar since you've clearly demonstrated that you are much worse?
Nothing in your article is different from what I said and it's final sentence confirms it. "Reprioritized" Hahahhaha. All it's doing is cutting it's funding support and as the article plainly stated leaving it up to the states to make up the difference also plainly stated. He simply wants to go from a funded mandate to a partially funded mandate and passing the bill down to the states some of which are bound by their own state constitutions to continue to provide services which could require significant increases in state level taxes.
In addition he wants to eliminate funding for the expanded Medicaid program. This in turn is not going to stop people from seeking medical care (and I know how much you hate them doing so) and with their Medicaid supported private insurer out of the way hospitals because of their license and charter are still required to provide care...... Guess who's going to pick up the tab? The states that's who. ......And it's right there in your own article.

vantexan

Nothing in your article is different from what I said and it's final sentence confirms it. "Reprioritized" Hahahhaha. All it's doing is cutting it's funding support and as the article plainly stated leaving it up to the states to make up the difference also plainly stated. He simply wants to go from a funded mandate to a partially funded mandate and passing the bill down to the states some of which are bound by their own state constitutions to continue to provide services which could require significant increases in state level taxes.
In addition he wants to eliminate funding for the expanded Medicaid program. This in turn is not going to stop people from seeking medical care (and I know how much you hate them doing so) and with their Medicaid supported private insurer out of the way hospitals because of their license and charter are still required to provide care...... Guess who's going to pick up the tab? The states that's who. ......And it's right there in your own article.
And when you put it on the States they tend to know what is needed locally and are more careful with the spending.

bacha29

And when you put it on the States they tend to know what is needed locally and are more careful with the spending.
"More careful with spending" . What you are talking about is rationed care. If the states can't find a way to close the funding gap and taxpayers won't approve a tax increase then rationed care is only other course of action which could leave you on the wrong side of the budget What specific alternative means to you propose? And don't try to tell me family or charities .It's silly to think they can do anything.

vantexan

"More careful with spending" . What you are talking about is rationed care. If the states can't find a way to close the funding gap and taxpayers won't approve a tax increase then rationed care is only other course of action which could leave you on the wrong side of the budget What specific alternative means to you propose? And don't try to tell me family or charities .It's silly to think they can do anything.
Isn't the Federal government giving or wanting to give block grants?

bacha29

Isn't the Federal government giving or wanting to give block grants?
Block grants are simply that block grants . A set amount of money that represents the strict limit of how much money the Trump administration will allocate to a given federally supported program leaving it up to the states to make up the difference as is the case with Medicare and Medicaid. It's the Trump administration saying to state governors : " Here's a block of money it's all your getting from Washington. It's not enough and we know it but here it is pal you figure out what to do about in your own state and good luck if you have to raise your state's taxes. Whether it's sales, income, property or user fees it don't matter to us".

floridays

Sorry ... I don't.

I know and love Grace Potter but Denny Crane "No idea".
I listen to Grace at night ... including this one last night!

Boston Legal, tv show, William Shatner's character, he's hilarious, a womanizer , he and David Spade play off of each other, the they're disgusting, :lol: in a way I appreciate.

Pull it up when you're killing brain cell aimlessly, some good humor, and nice trim also:lol:.

newfie

Yes you were caught misrepresenting the facts

vantexan

Block grants are simply that block grants . A set amount of money that represents the strict limit of how much money the Trump administration will allocate to a given federally supported program leaving it up to the states to make up the difference as is the case with Medicare and Medicaid. It's the Trump administration saying to state governors : " Here's a block of money it's all your getting from Washington. It's not enough and we know it but here it is pal you figure out what to do about in your own state and good luck if you have to raise your state's taxes. Whether it's sales, income, property or user fees it don't matter to us".
And the reality is with so much debt cuts are going to happen.

vantexan

And you'll no doubt be among the consercuks hollering the loudest if the quality of your future life is impacted negatively if the cuts come home to roost at your house.
Nope, I know because of runaway spending we're all going to suffer eventually if it isn't brought under control. You can't seem to grasp that.

newfie

And you'll no doubt be among the consercuks hollering the loudest if the quality of your future life is impacted negatively if the cuts come home to roost at your house.
I would have been thrilled if our gov actually cut something. This gov won't do that and any effort to make it look that way is plain dishonest .