Fingertip cuts

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by cosis, Feb 21, 2019.

1. BobBarker

BobBarker Member

you have lady fingers

2. TheJackal

TheJackal Well-Known Member

If they're cut because of cold/dry weather, Working hands is great....but pricey. A close second is Gold Bond.
    If they're cut from boxes/letters and they won't heal, use clear nail polish.

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I’m afraid only tampons will help you.

4. rod

rod retired and happy

soak it in cider

5. TNT Frosty

TNT Frosty Member

Pads are better in summer, for larger guys, it helps with the chaffing.. or are them sort of tips n tricks you dont want others to know ;)

6. 5yearsleft

5yearsleft Member

My doctor recommends super glue. Up in the north country, we carry the little bottles with the brush inside and dab it on the fingers.

7. Fred's Myth

Fred's Myth Nonhyphenated American

Just don’t take a leak while the glue is still wet.

8. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

I think you mean crazyglue, crazy(krazy) glue is used in hospitals for some cuts. I wouldn't put clear nail polish on it.

9. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

I hear salt works well.

10. TNT Frosty

TNT Frosty Member

wrap it around with a lemon cut in half.. perfect... (or are we suppose to make it better?)

11. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

When you get cuts, seal them with super glue. They will heal faster and stop hurting immediately.

12. TheJackal

TheJackal Well-Known Member

I know what I said and I did mean clear nail polish. I've been using it for 30+ years when I get a blister while bowling.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  13. cosis

cosis Member

I been doing the super glue thing. It does help for immediate relief but usually end up opening back up after a shift. Going to try the working hands and drown my fingertips in it.

14. TNT Frosty

TNT Frosty Member

if you know of the cause, then the fix is rather easy.

side note... cardboard cuts are the worse... and stanly knife cuts are embarrassing (when you do it to yourself when unstrapping a pallet, or slicing a strap.)

15. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. overflowed

overflowed Well-Known Member

My old station used these. Worked great.

17. DriverNerd

DriverNerd Active Member

I use https://www.cerave.com/our-products/healing-ointment/healing-ointment I like the tube version vs the tub, but when the stuff gets cold it's a real pain to get out of the tube. And it's definitely greasy, but less greasy than most products containing petroleum jelly. I apply this stuff, rub it in, then put my gloves on. Do that three times during the day. Works wonders. This stuff will not work with insulated gloves (felt lined). I found that if it's really cold out, I'll put it on and use my regular gloves for 20 minutes, then switch to my insulated gloves.