Finish this sentence : I am so thankful that I _____________________________

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
@Dracula , dude I whole heartedly understand what your sayn about telematics , I have been in the office with package and feeder drivers countless times . From seatbelts to tachometers and bulkhead doors to pulling over to piss . I have seen pictures from SPACE . I swear , Im not bragging , nor am I untouchable , I know the eye is in the sky , or right around the corner . The snake is in the grass , these folkes (management,full-time sups AND HOURLIES, not to mention UNION STEWARDS ) , will cut your feet out from under you so quick and without regard for you or your FAMILY . What kills me is it (IT being : a conscious thought pattern , that ratting/snitching) seems as if its just O.K. to sell out your fellow brother or sister . Dont get me wrong , If you are stealing from the company ( stealing , as in a parcel ) , Im not a snitch , but you get what you should get (karma) . Im just fortunate enough to be sitting in a job that is secure ,protected,has golden benefits and the ability to move up in pay or ride the wave out in my classification to paradise . Im thankful to the brothers and sisters that have fought the fight decades ago that allowed me and my fellow TEAMSTERS to make a healthy living and support my family honestly . I only wish this new generation of kids (18 to 25) would understand this job early on is an investment into something that most blue collar people could only dream of . Yes its heard work , unloading /loading/picking off those packages in 110 degree heat with dust caking to you , all of us old heads have been there , done it and really got the T-shirt. Stick with it thundersnapper , if your not going to go to college , $100.000.00 as a truck driver is attainable with U.P.S. .

Honestly, telematics doesn't bother me. I do everything by the book. I'm a driver that can answer their safety questions verbatim, I work safe, I do proper pre and post trips, and as a result, I'm always on their radar, because, let's face it, safety is just a word to a gang of bean counters. Our sups reviewed telematics with us last week. No biggy, I was under telematics in PC before I left, and in PC, I was just as anal as I am in feeders. The problem is probably a majority of the drivers back in feeders now are burners who cut safety corners by speeding and neglecting to check their equipment.

Just watch yourself back there. They could turn on you in a flash.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am thankful for 7 weeks vacation. # 6 starting now. i will be suicidal at the end, JK. But I will be crying great big tears.

HomeDelivery

You're selling used diapers on e-Bay?:sick:

no, they're brand new in cases; seriously... USPS has the best shipping rates so far & coupled with eBay, gives more discount to their rates. HD comes in as a close 2nd & UPS has the most expensive ground rate. I should go ask if contractors get a discounted rate or not, since I know I don't get one when I went to a FedEx/ Kinko office with my ID badge...

When you finally retired & start to get lazy to go to the bathroom, consider stocking up on them :wink2: Will keep your pants from turning "brown"

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Not by choice.

That is 100% not true. You took a Union job by CHOICE, if you don't want to be a part of it, quit.

I will never understand what makes people think they have the right to bitch about something they refuse to be involved in. I suppose you don't vote either but sit around with all your buddies bitcjing about how screwed up the government is. If you want something to change, get involved!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That is 100% not true. You took a Union job by CHOICE, if you don't want to be a part of it, quit.

I will never understand what makes people think they have the right to bitch about something they refuse to be involved in. I suppose you don't vote either but sit around with all your buddies bitcjing about how screwed up the government is. If you want something to change, get involved!!
if I were to get involved, a bunch of our union brass would be brought in for questioning and I'd probably have to change my name and move.

Your post pretty much toes the typical mainstream union line. rah rah, get involved, vote, reform the system, etc.

texan

My Woodchuck is out chunking wood.

I have my smoking monkey with me on vacation.
He really is out on a date, you just think he is chunking wood.
1052900976_cute_woodchucks_8996-48784447879_xlarge.jpg