Fired before retro check?

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Ipopsheep, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Ipopsheep

Ipopsheep New Member

Do you lose your retro check if you get fired 2 weeks before it gets issued?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    • List
  2. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Jersey Wiseguy

Why’d you get fired?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

Yes

4. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

I hear they are doing mass firings on the 27th. That must be why.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Ouch that sucks

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. 8000Shelf

8000Shelf Active Member

Can't imagine the company cutting you a retro check after you've been fired. You have no line of recourse.

7. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

You never worked under that contract, why should you reap the rewards of such contract?

8. Skooney

Skooney Active Member

It's mine now. Sorry.

9. Brown echo

Brown echo If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

[​IMG]

10. Brown echo

Brown echo If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Legally it is owed to you, collecting it is another issue

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List

12. If an employee quits or gets fired before back pay checks get issued then said employee will not be getting said back pay check because said employee does not work for UPS

13. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

You will not get a retro check, you were fired and the contract had not been settled until April 29th. If you feel you have been wronged or screwed over please call 1800PICKUPS they will help you resolve any issue you may have.

14. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

I hope not.

15. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

Grieve it if progressive discipline wasn’t followed... unless it was a cardinal sin which then you probably deserved being fired.

16. just chillin'

just chillin' Rest in peace wooba

if you quit or get fired, do you get paid out for unused sick, personal and vacation time that you accrued?

17. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

How can he grieve something when he was fired unless he hasn't been to the panel hearing to see of he gets his job back.

18. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

Interesting argument that keeps coming up.

We understand why you don't get retro pay if you quit or get fired before the issuance of it.

The part that is curious is the argument that they're not entitled to it because the contract wasn't settled during all this time they've worked. That argument could be applied to all active employees, no? We are getting a retro check for hours worked while the contract wasn't ratified everywhere. Same as an fired employee who worked all these months after Aug 1. They were working under the new language just like everyone else. From a legal standpoint, they are entitled to the back pay. Such things are always going to have two sides to what is legal.

It's actually the same thing as the company not issuing you your last paycheck because you quit or got fired. No, you still worked those hours. Retro pay is owing workers pay because they didn't change the pay rate on time. That's on them, not the employee.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  19. Superteeth2478

Superteeth2478 Active Member

That's my line of reasoning exactly. Some lawyer should take on a class-action lawsuit for this. Tons of money to be had!

20. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

Yes, as long as you don't get fired for dishonesty.