Fired before retro check?

No_Member_Name

Some say u still get it since it’s time owed and some say you don’t. Shop steward sed yes but H.R told me no.

I was suppose to quit last month but don’t want to leave my millions of retro pay with UPS. As soon as it hits my account, that Friday they are getting the peace sigh and I’m out

4 years with the company and I’m making .70 cents more then the guy who starts today.....nahhhhh, I’m good

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Some say u still get it since it’s time owed and some say you don’t. Shop steward sed yes but H.R told me no.

I was suppose to quit last month but don’t want to leave my millions of retro pay with UPS. As soon as it hits my account, that Friday they are getting the peace sigh and I’m out

4 years with the company and I’m making .70 cents more then the guy who starts today.....nahhhhh, I’m good

Where ya headed McDonald’s or Burger King

davidix

Why do people keep saying you dont get a retro check. Where does it say that?

If you were working since aug 1st you are owed the difference.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Where does it say they do ?

If they severed their employment before the contract was ratified....

they were working under the provisions, of the old one.

And when they company doesn't pay it.... what's their recourse ?

How would they collect ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Where does it say they do ?

And when they company doesn't pay it.... what's their recourse ?

How would they collect ?
Is the Company and Union obligated to process any grievances filed before "they sever their employment"?

....I would think they would be.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba

so if you quit or get fired, no check you say. what about guys who retired after aug 1st? they get a retro check? or an unfortunate individual who passed away after aug 1st. there estate/spouse entitled to a retro check?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
What would compel the company to pay them ?

good faith and the fact that accounting would want to clear the books. in our supplement, we just got a pension bump that was advertised to be retro to guys who retired after aug 1st. if those guys who retired dont get the bump, you say the can pound sand? might be a bad analogy due to the fact that union pays the pension and company pays the retro, but same principle

upschuck

Only if they didn't work under the new contract which went in effect Apr 29.

And the only reason you are getting retro, if you have worked under the new contract, is because it states that the pay is from Aug 1st. If it didn't say that, then nobody would be getting a retro check.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
And the only reason you are getting retro
back on august 1st ups and the teamsters made a agreement that they would implement a contract extension with all financial improvements retroactive. im sure this was a legal agreement on paper signed by both parties. not just a announcement on ups rising and tdu. that is why legally anyone working after aug 1st deserves and is entitled to that check for hours worked regardless if they were still working two weeks ago for whatever reason when it was finally ratified.

back on august 1st ups and the teamsters made a agreement that they would implement a contract extension with all financial improvements retroactive. im sure this was a legal agreement on paper signed by both parties. not just a announcement on ups rising and tdu. that is why legally anyone working after aug 1st deserves and is entitled to that check for hours worked regardless if they were still working two weeks ago for whatever reason when it was finally ratified.
Wrong.