Fired for accident; could I be rehired in another state?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I hate when that happens.

Too bad we didn't know beforehand that we were going to get fired, that way we could really do some major damage!

th

Never let management take the keys...

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
One of my drivers just yesterday ran into a fire hydrant... He's got the heaviest car on my pull too I came in this morning expected to load 500 pieces on a tiny car. Sorry man but that :censored2: was packed tight lmao

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've never seen someone fired for an accident. Even for tier 3's. Isn't an accident just that, an accident? If I knew I could lose my house and everything else because of being human, I would've found a different line of work.

Based on your story, you hit a car. It's a tier 3 but doesn't sound like any injuries and no loss of life.
Sounds like a day off at most to me.

You really are new.

upschuck

His description of the accident is very unclear. Did he run the stop sign? He said the car was in his blind spot which would be to his rear, not a cross traffic T-bone. Too bad the OP doesn't want to explain.
Too quick of a look, a car can get hidden by the mirror, which is the way I took it.

JL 0513

Too quick of a look, a car can get hidden by the mirror, which is the way I took it.

I still see no justification of permanent termination. Wouldn't be in my local. I've heard of many tier 3 intersection accidents, drivers fault. No termination.

oldngray

nowhere special
I still see no justification of permanent termination. Wouldn't be in my local. I've heard of many tier 3 intersection accidents, drivers fault. No termination.

Agreed. There must be more to the story. A tier 3 is frequently termination but you get your job back (sometimes with loss of pay). I have never heard of a permanent termination without other reasons.

By The Book

Was he in his qualifying period?Your right, there are a few details that would clear this up for you. Don't hold your our breath though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

His description of the accident is very unclear. Did he run the stop sign? He said the car was in his blind spot which would be to his rear, not a cross traffic T-bone. Too bad the OP doesn't want to explain.

Car was entering the intersection on his right hand side. OP had stopped but did not see the car and T-boned him.

Faceplanted

Maybe his local was too busy bickering on brow cafe about which party/side is more corrupt, or how part timers pay should start at 5.50hr plus 1 gatoraid and cliff bar and didn't have time to properly defend our brother?