Fired for not filing grievance

Overpaid Union Thug

Nope , I disagree, it's your responsibility as an adult to file your own grievance when you receive discipline. If the local is responsible for filing , and the one time the local does not file on your behalf and you lose your job , then the local can be sued. That's why all the locals stopped the practice of filing on each individuals discipline a few years back , atleast in my local that's how it is . Local 480 .

I think it’s still ok for a steward (or any other individual) to file on someone’s behalf in local 480. I’ve filed for several people and I’m not even a steward. I don’t recall any automatic termination grievances by the local though.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I think it’s still ok for a steward (or any other individual) to file on someone’s behalf in local 480. I’ve filed for several people and I’m not even a steward. I don’t recall any automatic termination grievances by the local though.
I never filled out one, just signed with my BA in 705. Otherwise it's just text stewards with the info and I dunno if anything gets done.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
More statements with no facts. If you must know I own 30-40 apartment units and it keeps me very busy. Get off your high horse and stop sounding like a total prick. Also most of those happened in a 2 year period.

So, you don’t know if you have 30 or 40 apartments

Gonna go ahead and call BS on this
Probably lives in moms basement

newfie

More statements with no facts. If you must know I own 30-40 apartment units and it keeps me very busy. Get off your high horse and stop sounding like a total prick. Also most of those happened in a 2 year period.

what if he is a total prick. we encourage people to be theirselves here

Same ol crap

So, you don’t know if you have 30 or 40 apartments

Gonna go ahead and call BS on this
Probably lives in moms basement
Some I own with a parter and some are just mine. Wasn't sure it I should count those as 1/2 mine. Go nit pick someone else. Why else would I preload for over 27 years. Try using your brain before you call some a liar.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Awwwwwww. Sorry to hurt you princess. But I noticed this forum has :censored2: advice and just a mass amount of jokes. Nice job in helping out your teamsters.

1D081AE9-F23D-466F-8A06-DF1D43C8BA4E.gif

542thruNthru

Awwwwwww. Sorry to hurt you princess. But I noticed this forum has :censored2: advice and just a mass amount of jokes. Nice job in helping out your teamsters.

Great we have another cry baby that thinks this website is just for information to their questions that have been answered 100s of times.

You're coming to a website for free advice. Dealing with the jokes and trolls is how you pay for it.

Brownt10

I was fired 3 weeks ago for scanning a package improperly. I got my job back 2 weeks later without having to go to a panel and they reduced it to a suspension. I went into work today and they fired me for not filing a grievance on a write up for attendance a month before I got fired. I had let my supervisor the night prior to not showing up I couldn’t come and wanting to use an option day (I still have 7 left this year) Trying to figure out if I can get my job back. Been with UPS now 5 years.
Now this is when you literally start grieving everything

KoennenTiger

Hmm I was told here that all warning letters are automatically grieved, but not heard unless their is further action taken. I'll have to double check with my steward.

Johnny123456789

Great we have another cry baby that thinks this website is just for information to their questions that have been answered 100s of times.

You're coming to a website for free advice. Dealing with the jokes and trolls is how you pay for it.

Life must be pretty rough on your side if this is where you get your jollies off. Lemme guess, high seniority full timer? Lol!

542thruNthru

Life must be pretty rough on your side if this is where you get your jollies off. Lemme guess, high seniority fifu timer? Lol!

No I usually get my jollies off in a sun baked porta potty and rub it on the roll of thin toilet paper.

But so you don't whine I'll answer your question. No I'm not high seniority. I just don't bend over like a lil Johnny and take it.

Johnny123456789

No I usually get my jollies off in a sun baked porta potty and rub it on the roll of thin toilet paper.

But so you don't whine I'll answer your question. No I'm not high seniority. I just don't bend over like a lil Johnny and take it.

You sure you don't? You sound like a softie.

And that was waaaay to fast on the reply. Turn off the computer and go enjoy some sun.