Fired today for something we all have done

10 point

I guess abuse isn't the best term it's what it feels like, over utilization is a more fitting term, they will dispatch routes 20, 30, sometimes 40 stops over just cause I'm on it and will do it, like I've said before it's my fault but I can't for the life of me figure out how to slow it down. I've got 2 speeds 0 or 100 nothing in between
When/if you come back work at a pace that wont tear your knees, back, rotator cuffs etc up because this job WILL. Ask your fellow top seniority drivers. They'll tell you. Unfortunately, too few take it seriously until they tear or break something up that's attached to their body.

Marlin3030hntr

Youll learn to move a bit slower once you get some mileage on that back, knees, hips. Youll find out then all that running your nuttz off wasn't worth it. Im not dogging you for hustling to get home, cause to each his own, but remember this job is a marathon and last time I checked your not going to win the dam thing in 1 day. Just advice that's all.
I've got lots of mileage on my knees already and that's why I passed up the ft spot I got offered, have to get surgery on both, sports when I was younger and cycling has done it to me, the job isn't helping, I can be swollen up and still jam it out even when I tell myself I'm just gonna chill and have a nice day, I've had many many drivers the same exact advise and I just can't get myself to do it

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I guess abuse isn't the best term it's what it feels like, over utilization is a more fitting term, they will dispatch routes 20, 30, sometimes 40 stops over just cause I'm on it and will do it, like I've said before it's my fault but I can't for the life of me figure out how to slow it down. I've got 2 speeds 0 or 100 nothing in between
Just remember the faster you go and the earlier you get done the more stops they will give ya. Only hurt yourself by going to fast. They don't care about you and how fast you go, they will keep stickinng it up your ass if you do that everyday. Ask any driver on here about that approach and they will tell you what the deal with that is.

10 point

BTW...."honesty" only applies to the hourly employee's actions but never management's. Take that very seriously because it's their courtroom.

10 point

"Known closure" just let the sup know prior to sheeting. If you ask me you have a valid argument.

Sent using BrownCafe App
If, they were closed and no one was waiting there especially for that next day air delivery.

That's why the company still dispatches next days on holidays that the company (receiver) is "known closed".
Cover your butt or else.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I've got lots of mileage on my knees already and that's why I passed up the ft spot I got offered, have to get surgery on both, sports when I was younger and cycling has done it to me, the job isn't helping, I can be swollen up and still jam it out even when I tell myself I'm just gonna chill and have a nice day, I've had many many drivers the same exact advise and I just can't get myself to do it
Hate to be the one to break it to ya then, but if you don't slow down you will only be able to work here a few years and never get anywhere near a decent pension. Im not being a smartazz or anything but those are just the facts and the gods honest truth. I respect the fact that your a hustler but ya gotta think smart brother if you want to do this job and have somewhat of a decent career as far as the number of years you want and expectations of how long you want to do this for. Slow down and retire later or go fast and retire early crippled, those are your 2 choices and your only 2 choices. This job aint no joke dude, it can leave you crippled if you work stupid and not smart.

By The Book

I passed it up for medical reasons right now and all these other things are adding to the list, most guys don't care if I run their route because they know I will knock it out and most are 15yr+ seniority drivers so they could care less they won't get the "well he beat it by 2hrs yesterday" speech as the sups all know I don't slow down and just get done to go home it's my own fault I just can't slow down I just get in a groove and go go go until I'm done at 330-4 and take my lunch, do my pickups and go home if they let me
For a 8 year employee, who is caught up on how much work he does, your posts scream of showing off/ bragging about your production. If I could suggest anything to you would you listen? I get your in a tough spot, but with all you know in your posts you should have known better! I thought you said your center manager said it was bs, so fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me! If you know you can't slow down, or won't, it's just a matter of time before you pin yourself I'm a corner. Is it worth your job? Only you can demonstrate this if you get yours back!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Repeat again you do not scan a pkg to be deliver when you are not in front of the location

The only time I will scan a pkg not at a location is when I know it's a bad number or bad street and no other reason

Funny thing is...while on my training ride for my new route my on-car just had me sheet a res NI when we didn't attempt it. Also had me DR 3 business stops as SDN because the businesses said we could leave them.

10 point

Hate to be the one to break it to ya then, but if you don't slow down you will only be able to work here a few years and never get anywhere near a decent pension. Im not being a smartazz or anything but those are just the facts and the gods honest truth. I respect the fact that your a hustler but ya gotta think smart brother if you want to do this job and have somewhat of a decent career as far as the number of years you want and expectations of how long you want to do this for. Slow down and retire later or go fast and retire early crippled, those are your 2 choices and your only 2 choices. This job aint no joke dude, it can leave you crippled if you work stupid and not smart.
Or leave someone else's child crippled when you run over them as you burn up your routes to make some sup look good.
It's like Russian Roulette. Sooner or later the shell gets into the chamber and then it's over.

Last edited:

10 point

Funny thing is...while on my training ride for my new route my on-car just had me sheet a res NI when we didn't attempt it. Also had me DR 3 business stops as SDN because the businesses said we could leave them.
Brother, I would keep those delivery notices for those NI stops and documentation of the other issues in a safe place at home. That's priceless insurance. Stupid sups.

EmraldArcher

Personal pride?

Why should my personal pride be affected because my dispatcher is a dumb :censored2:?

Now, supposing one was going to have a late air stop, and, supposing one didn't mind screwing the customer or falsifying documents, one could simply go into the details of said stop and mark the package as not found and deliver it later in the day.

I'm not suggesting anyone do this mind you, I'm just saying some lies are much harder to prove then others.

Last edited:

BrownTexas

All dishonesty at its finest and a your word against their word situation. All offenses you could be fired for. Hope your sup gives you money to pay your bills while you wait to get your job back.

10 point

Why should my personal pride be affected because my dispatcher is a dumb :censored2:?

Now, supposing one was going to have a late air stop, and, supposing one didn't mind screwing the customer or falsifying documents, one could simply go into the details of said stop and mark the package as not found and deliver it later in the day.

I'm not suggesting anyone do this mind you, I'm just saying some lies are much harder to prove then others.
Unless, by chance a pt time SUP pulled your manifest for the day and did a load quality audit, marking that section 1000 hin pkg was loaded in section 1000. (Not that everyone does load quality audits in every blgd anymore.)
I tell the sups before I leave:" I may not get all my air delivered on time today even if I run straight air stops only" and put it back on them with a witness to my statement.
If its my responsibility to make service and time constraints are tight I put the responsibility back on the company.

EmraldArcher

Unless, by chance a pt time SUP pulled your manifest for the day and did a load quality audit, marking that section 1000 hin pkg was loaded in section 1000. (Not that everyone does load quality audits in every blgd anymore.)
I tell the sups before I leave:" I may not get all my air delivered on time today even if I run straight air stops only" and put it back on them with a witness to my statement.
If its my responsibility to make service and time constraints are tight I put the responsibility back on the company.

Is that supervisor going to stay in my package car from the time he completes the audit until I leave the building?

Doubt it and if he doesn't good luck proving it was still there when I left.

It doesn't matter what you know, it only matters what you can prove.

By The Book

Unless this driver was being watched and the sups went through the truck and documented the air stops. Now the driver covers it up with the details button. Dishonesty for sure, and my recommendation is do it by the book, and you will sleep better each night. Your shop steward is not going to enjoy the position you put him in.

CHALLY9TX

To the OP. You should get your job back and I hope you've learned a valuable lesson. Now that being said......Always verify your NDAs! If for any reason you think you can't get your air delivered on time then notify your sup. Put it on them. If you can't find a NDA, tell your sup before you leave the building. I send a diad message also to cover my butt.

Sent using BrownCafe App