Fired today for something we all have done

Z

ZQXC

I guess abuse isn't the best term it's what it feels like, over utilization is a more fitting term, they will dispatch routes 20, 30, sometimes 40 stops over just cause I'm on it and will do it, like I've said before it's my fault but I can't for the life of me figure out how to slow it down. I've got 2 speeds 0 or 100 nothing in between

You are going to burn yourself out quickly like a sparkler on the 4th of July and then there will be nothing left. Nothing

Z

ZQXC

Funny thing is...while on my training ride for my new route my on-car just had me sheet a res NI when we didn't attempt it. Also had me DR 3 business stops as SDN because the businesses said we could leave them.

See post #48

oldngray

nowhere special
To the OP. You should get your job back and I hope you've learned a valuable lesson. Now that being said......Always verify your NDAs! If for any reason you think you can't get your air delivered on time then notify your sup. Put it on them. If you can't find a NDA, tell your sup before you leave the building. I send a diad message also to cover my butt.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I had many late air - found in load. All you have to do is tell a sup you can't find the air before you leave the building and then later send a DIAD message unable to find before 10:30, then another found in load message when you deliver it late. Cover you own butt.

10 point

Is that supervisor going to stay in my package car from the time he completes the audit until I leave the building?

Doubt it and if he doesn't good luck proving it was still there when I left.

It doesn't matter what you know, it only matters what you can prove.
If they actually scan your car load, as they have many times in our buildings, they have proof.
If it fell into the floor bulk because it wasn't lip loaded, that's another thing.
They've put it on paper here. At the very least, they can prove it was there and if it happens often well you can figure it out from there.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Personal pride?

I think most
Cause we get reamed if an air is late I've had 1 late the whole time I've been driving, trust me my center manager was pissed cause I always show up and I produce he straight said its bs and I will get my job back

If you did nothing but airs, it isn't your problem, you have too many airs or you start too late, or both. Every route has a "number", the amount of air stops you can do on time. Most drivers get in trouble because they are trying to squeeze other stops in between. Falsifying records is just plain dumb.

Where "personal pride" comes in play here, I have no idea.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Known closure" just let the sup know prior to sheeting. If you ask me you have a valid argument.

The NDA in question was from an adjacent area and the OP "thought" that the business didn't open until 11am, sheeted it as CLO 1 away from the address to beat the commit and then delivered it when he was in that area. He was probably right----the business was most likely closed and driving all the way there just to sheet the pkg at a closed business would have been a waste of time----but there is always the off-chance that someone had come in early as they really needed that package.

Marlin3030hntr

People typically don't get walked on a first offense. Is there more to the story?
No I've never been in trouble before, last time I ever had a documented writeup was 4-5 years ago when I was a loader. And if I had been doing something wrong unknowingly it's never been brought to my attention, biggest thing I had is I mistakenly sheeted a clo between 12-1 as I didn't notice the time but voided and resheeted it correctly, it's our new dm he's out to prove a point

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
where the extra 10% coming from?
110% is a mathematical fallacy.

It comes from skipping lunch and breaks. :biggrin:

People typically don't get walked on a first offense. Is there more to the story?
They do when its a recorded case of dishonesty.

It depends.

If the company thinks he is "salvageable".... They look at a couple things.

Does he have anything "in the bank" ??

Is the employee, a possible future liability ??

Can we manipulate and "mold" him, in to what we want ??

-Bug-

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Touché, like I said it was a bad judgment call and I'm paying for it, it's just funny how if you do things like this for a sup or see them do things like this it's not a problem the one time you do it on your own you are sol

Chalk it up to lesson learned.

Judging from the things you've said here, you don't sound like you're built to last with this company. Trying to impress your managers with big performance numbers is the main reason you are in this position. Every time there is a post like this, the wiser drivers will try to impress upon the OPer that they need to "do things by the book every time." When they say this, they aren't telling you to do this when you feel like it, or when it's convenient, but EVERY TIME.

Every time, means every time. When you get lazy, or bend to will of a desperate supervisor, you are rolling the dice with your job. UPS supervisors are KNOWN for telling you do something against the rules, then denying it later. To quote the title of your post, "Fired today for something we have all done," is not an excuse you can use to prevent yourself from getting fired. And please, speak for yourself. Many of us aren't afraid to run by the rules, regardless of what management says.

This much I know: if you don't adjust the way you work, you will eventually get fired for good. No matter how much of a pet you are, UPS will drop you like a hot potato if you continue to screw up.

It's on you, man. What are you going to do about it?