Fired today for something we all have done

30yearstolife

Just be aware you must also scan and leave a delivery note EVEN IF YOU KNOW THE BUSINESS IS CLOSED THAT ENTIRE DAY. Driver was fired for this a couple of years ago. He posted on browncafe, and I don't think he got his job back.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No customers didn't call just red flagged because the stops were a couple seconds from eachother

I have a different take on your issue. Back in 2008, in our contract, article 6 made it VERY CLEAR that the use of technology could be used to TERMINATE an employee if the company could prove the employee attempted to be dishonest.

I dont know how many times "I" and others posted on this subject year after year on this board, and yet there is ALWAYS one guy who continues to do the job WRONG and then wonders why he gets walked to the curb.

How many times does article 6 have to be explained before everyone gets the message?

Now, in 2014, the new article 6 language and technology is even worse for employees, and yet, i bet we see dozens of people terminated in the coming months for the same thing.

With telematics onboard, how do guys like you NOT realize that as soon as you hit stop complete on the wrong street with an NDA, the company knows?

Shortcuts are not in our best interests. Yes, you may know a company will be closed, but you still have to be at that address and a yellow notice completed and tagged.

Why risk your career over a stupid NDA?

Hope you learn your lesson and get your job back.

TOS.

outta hours

NDA locations generate a report daily. Many have been fired for sheeting up and not being at the location on package. It is classified as dishonesty. Most get their jobs back and learn a lesson. No need to cheat on any package,you cannot be fired for late air as that's not being dishonest. Stop doing "favors" and being concerned with production, and do the job safely as you are paid to do. And change your mindset that by helping them with 'favors" and other sketchy stuff they will have your back if you screw up. They are using you and taking advantage of you,have some self respect and don't allow it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS pretty much stopped caring about service and accept a certain amount of service failures - if the customer doesn't complain they don't get a refund. So if UPS doesn't care about most late airs, a driver shouldn't care either. Just tell a sup in the AM that airs will probably be late and then don't worry about it.

Ouch

Falsifying records is not a mistake". There is a report generated whenever a NDA is sheeted as an exception and delivered later in the day. If you are sheeting at the address and the business is indeed closed you are fine but if you are sheeting it away from the stop in order to beat the commit or to save a few minutes because you "think" they are not open you are opening yourself up to scrutiny.
Are you freaking kidding me. You came on here and told everyone you sheeted eam's in the building so they wouldn't show late and now you're giving your 2 cents on this. You truly must be a sup. Rules don't apply to you. Thanks for confirming my suspicion.

Fedex Guy

Today I came in and didn't see myself on a route so I asked our center manager where I was he asks me what happened on these 3 next day stops on Monday of last week 19th, I said I was at stop x and scanned and sheeted stop y as cl1 because I believe they aren't there until 11 I believe, and attempted later on when running the business loop and they were open. He wrote it up asked me to get a steward and said that our dm wanted him to take my walk me off. Talked with my steward and already filed about it but has anyone had this happen, or something like it? Lately I've been in the top on production and doing them "favors" all the time and this is how they thank you when you make a mistake?

I've never done that. They can see where you are when you scan it. Was it really that big of a deal to go to the stop?

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

Rainman

Its all good.
Repeat again you do not scan a pkg to be deliver when you are not in front of the location

The only time I will scan a pkg not at a location is when I know it's a bad number or bad street and no other reason
There is a report generated now that shows all packages that are sheeted, the truck is moved, then stop completed. There is litigation going on now because of drivers doing this to avoid showing a late air. We were instructed under no circumstances not to sheet unless we were at the address, or face termination. CYA.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.