fired

mitchel

i got fired the first part of the year....stupid mistake, long do you have to wait to reapply? or can i apply at ground? i have a years worth of savings to use, if needed. was just wondering the policy

vantexan

i got fired the first part of the year....stupid mistake, long do you have to wait to reapply? or can i apply at ground? i have a years worth of savings to use, if needed. was just wondering the policy
Did you go through the GFT process after being fired? If they didn't rescind it then pretty certain you can't be rehired. At Ground you'd work for a contractor, not directly for FedEx, don't know how they would handle it.

McFeely

Huge Member
Probably depends on what you were fired for with Express. We have a former Express courier get fired and is now working for Ground as a driver.

Courier was fired for stupid mistakes leading up to 3 warning letters, but none were accidents if I recall.

It will be fine

Probably depends on what you were fired for with Express. We have a former Express courier get fired and is now working for Ground as a driver.

Courier was fired for stupid mistakes leading up to 3 warning letters, but none were accidents if I recall.
I doubt accident frequency would even carry over to ground. Only would if they showed up as citations on the MVR. Ground will only verify the length of time they were driving, not if they were any good at it.

dvalleyjim

I doubt accident frequency would even carry over to ground. Only would if they showed up as citations on the MVR. Ground will only verify the length of time they were driving, not if they were any good at it.
If you breathing and can have a year of experience and can pass a drug test and physical you can work at ground.

Express Courier

I got tested once in my 15 years or so and it was when I got hired. I was a swing for years after that too. I've been eating edibles on occasion for the last five years or so during the Holidays. We do that kind of thing in our family, like it's wine.