First day by myself

ajax25

I'm in my 3rd week of my 30 days and it's coming together for me, last week I really struggled coming in 1.5 to 2.5 hrs over but this week things have sort of clicked. I have figured out the area better, learned how to best organize my car best and figured the pace I need to work at. The most I've been over this week has been about 5 min. I felt like I was going as fast as I could before but it's amazing how much faster things go when you learn how to be smoother. IE: knowing where you are going, where to park, what package you are grabbing next and how many, etc..

Sent using BrownCafe App

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Scud ,,,, don't shove the board at any one,find out who signs,may take a few extra seconds, the more people you win over will be of great benefit to you !! If your liked,,you will get help !!

oldngray

nowhere special
Be insistent but not rude. If you let people start talking to you too much before they sign you will never get done. But as you learn more about your customers you will also learn which ones will help you and the others who will only waste your time. Learning little details like that takes time.

PT Car Washer

Last year drivers were warned about coming in early to fix their loads before start time. Threatened with progressive discipline. They were stealing time from the preloaders. Nothing ever went that far.

30yearstolife

No, for working off the clock after being told not too.
He is trying to make his 30 days, give him a break. It's an unwritten rule in our building to let the guys trying to make their probation do whatever they need to do. That includes setting up the truck and sorting during break. After they have made the 30 days, no more working off the clock.

Johney

He is trying to make his 30 days, give him a break. It's an unwritten rule in our building to let the guys trying to make their probation do whatever they need to do. That includes setting up the truck and sorting during break. After they have made the 30 days, no more working off the clock.
Hey I don't have a problem with it. Some do I was just throwing it out there so their aware of it.

ajax25

I've only been taking about 10-15 min to organize shelves 1-4 in the morning before leaving the building. When I finish those I take lunch and spend another 5-10 min setting up shelves 5-8 before eating. Has been working perfect for me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

rod

Retired 22 years
Sounds to me like you are off to a really good start. As for them saying you could be faster--you will hear that for at least the next 30 years. I agree-- do what needs to be done until you get into the Union but after that play by the rules that were agreed to by both sides. Above all else--WORK SAFE.

Johney

I've only been taking about 10-15 min to organize shelves 1-4 in the morning before leaving the building. When I finish those I take lunch and spend another 5-10 min setting up shelves 5-8 before eating. Has been working perfect for me.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'm not sure how 30 day rides go now, but back in the day when the center manager rode with you on your 29th day they would make you take a full hour lunch away from the truck. No sorting on lunch break. Wanted to make sure you could take your full hour and still run scratch.

I'm not sure how 30 day rides go now, but back in the day when the center manager rode with you on your 29th day they would make you take a full hour lunch away from the truck. No sorting on lunch break. Wanted to make sure you could take your full hour and still run scratch.
I still cant scratch, several decades later!

Fedex Guy

Tact?? I just shove the board in the face of the first worker I see at the delivery point. Manners and tact be damned, I've got to make 9.5!

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I love when they tell you to hold on a sec like scribbling some bull:censored2: on a Diad is so complicated.