First day driving

BucsGuy

Been driving air for a couple weeks. Today they threw my on a route. 95 stops all residential and it took me 10 hours. And I forgot to unload 2 packages in the truck when I got back. Kinda worried about tomorrow haha. But idk what they expected I have never been trained on that route

Brisket

Depends on your bldg, but send agains stay in the truck here, and outbound pkgs stay on the truck towards the back of the truck to be unloaded later...at least here.

john chesney

Been driving air for a couple weeks. Today they threw my on a route. 95 stops all residential and it took me 10 hours. And I forgot to unload 2 packages in the truck when I got back. Kinda worried about tomorrow haha. But idk what they expected I have never been trained on that route
10 hours for 95 residential stops and 2 pickups. I hope you drove 200 miles

BucsGuy

Depends on your bldg, but send agains stay in the truck here, and outbound pkgs stay on the truck towards the back of the truck to be unloaded later...at least here.
The worst part of the day was. Me and someone else in the same area. Had each others stops on each others boards. So I had to go back and find each package before I’d drive to a specific stop. I wish they would have trained me on any kind of route before today. I feel like I would have done much better

Brisket

The worst part of the day was. Me and someone else in the same area. Had each others stops on each others boards. So I had to go back and find each package before I’d drive to a specific stop. I wish they would have trained me on any kind of route before today. I feel like I would have done much better

Shoulda just met up and switched boards, would have been faster.

BucsGuy

Are you seasonal or actually qualifying? You should have went out with your sup for your first 3 days...
I’m not seasonal. They hired my as a PCD, and package handler. They trained me for a day for driving AIR. That’s what I’ve been doing the past few weeks. But before today. I’ve never been on a route. Even with a supervisor

john chesney

Nope. Like 140 pieces :/ I know man. I’m upset with myself
Oh that explains a lot right there. Make sure you let them know this as soon as they say anything. I would of called in and told them

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Are they doing PVDs this peak?

May as well have that option if they don't want you driving a bricked out p500/700

BucsGuy

Oh that explains a lot right there. Make sure you let them know this as soon as they say anything. I would of called in and told them
They knew. They told me before they sent me out. I’m not trying to make excuses because I realize 10 hours isn’t acceptable. But I mean. My first day with a full truck and no training on the route. On top of that. I can’t just follow my diad because all his stops were in there as well