First Day, New Route....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Today was the first day on the new route. Compared to the old route, I must have been in heaven. The old route was 125 avg stops, 350 avg delivery pkgs and 30 p/u stops @ 75+/- pick up pkgs, oh and 63 avg miles.

First day on the new route? 138 Del. stops 26 pick up stops, 99 miles, Total delivered 347. Total picked up 430. Punched in 8:45 and out at 8:34, UGH.:biting:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Today was the first day on the new route. Compared to the old route, I must have been in heaven. The old route was 125 avg stops, 350 avg delivery pkgs and 30 p/u stops @ 75+/- pick up pkgs, oh and 63 avg miles.

First day on the new route? 138 Del. stops 26 pick up stops, 99 miles, Total delivered 347. Total picked up 430. Punched in 8:45 and out at 8:34, UGH.:biting:

Ouch! Good luck picking up the kids at a decent hour now.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Steve,

Hopefully, as you get use to your new route, it will get better. Maybe being May Day, or with Cinco De Mayo coming up you were a bit heavy. I think as you get use to it you will be able to shave off a hour or more. I hope it works out for you.

Best Wishes,

Me

All the money in the world can't replace time spent with the kids.

then choose your priorities and get another job

Sounds like management code language for " McDonalds is hiring".

Sounds like a money maker. Cha Ching
I don't feel sorry for anybody who thinks this is an eight hours a day job. I've watched as countless teamsters have tried and failed. Some break all the rules and some are no longer with the firm because of it. I remember sitting ant lunch with a bunch of 25 to 35 year drivers one day when I had about three months on the job. Me I'm the kind of person if you tell me something of significance it will stick in my brain forever. This driver Goltz told me to marry a understanding woman and get some thick skin with this job. You are going to miss ballgames recitals and something else. Time

Ups offers you a good life so its a trade off if you want to cut corners and you don't want to tow the line you will get caught and if you end up at panel and out of a job for good. You will dream of those ten and eleven hour days. Because when it's over it's final and binding

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I guess they'll have to braid each others hair.
Good one, Upstate. Thanks for the laugh! : )

I don't feel sorry for anybody who thinks this is an eight hours a day job. I've watched as countless teamsters have tried and failed. Some break all the rules and some are no longer with the firm because of it. I remember sitting ant lunch with a bunch of 25 to 35 year drivers one day when I had about three months on the job. Me I'm the kind of person if you tell me something of significance it will stick in my brain forever. This driver Goltz told me to marry a understanding woman and get some thick skin with this job. You are going to miss ballgames recitals and something else. Time

Ups offers you a good life so its a trade off if you want to cut corners and you don't want to tow the line you will get caught and if you end up at panel and out of a job for good. You will dream of those ten and eleven hour days. Because when it's over it's final and binding
Well said, 407! I'm the type to sit back and see how it all plays out. If there's something I can do to cause change, and that change is necessary, I'll do that, but for now I think I'll give it some time. Thanks for the "talk to".

brett636

Perhaps it will get better over time. When I was an air driver we were assigned routes, and when I was placed on a new one I always ran a little longer the first day if I was unfamiliar with the area.

sendagain

It might be heavy due to the fact that whoever had it on Friday knew he wouldn't have it again; this may have caused him to lack a certain diligence in his deliveries. You will also get a much better handle on it after a couple weeks when it becomes more routine. Every new route seems like trouble at first.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

I couldn't have said it better myself brother. One thing I would add though, with a fresh route comes a fresh start. If you were running and gunning skipping corners, make this route the method route. Do everything you are suppose to and file your 8hr days and over 9.5s. Be prepared for your OJS with a bag full of safety ammo loaded in the method gun. Get your sporh to what you can do safely and by the book. You'll be amazed as to how quickly a ball buster route turns into one that's fair.

Just make sure you are being proactive in making it right and doing it right.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
im sorry but i am going on 28 yrs,, at no point in the past was it considered "part of the job" to work 12 hrs a day