First Grievance

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by PTPunchingBag, Jan 3, 2019.

1. PTPunchingBag

PTPunchingBag New Member

I filed my first grievance earlier this morning. In my last post, I mentioned I had 2 PT seasonal employees threaten my life, and when I took it to management, he said he didn’t want to hear it. He then moved me from a 3 car set to a 4 car set (even though I’m a :censored2: loader and was in the unload from March-November) and had 20+ misloads in 4 trucks. Steward said he’s shooting for meeting next week. After the weekend, I was told to load a 3 car set without the SmartScan system and had 3 misloads in the first hour while the new hire next to me had 5 and I got yelled at. Any advice for the meeting?

2. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Uh what's the article you filed for?

3. Wrong

Wrong :))

Why wouldn’t you call the police? Get a police report and then call the hotline.

Also I think you’re a liar trying to game the system, at least fully commit to it. Go for an Oscar, really demonstrate how much you’re afraid of losing your life.

4. PTPunchingBag

PTPunchingBag New Member

Harassment against my supe. Feel like I’m his punching bag, he’s had it out for me since the beginning. Worked with 5/6 supes, both preload and metro and all of them never had a problem with me except for him

5. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Good luck but I wouldn't expect much to change.

6. PTPunchingBag

PTPunchingBag New Member

I’m not going to let seasonal employees ruin my career. And maybe I should, always wanted to be famous.

7. PTPunchingBag

PTPunchingBag New Member

Thanks, hoping they’ll push me back to trailers and be left alone

8. Siveriano

Siveriano Active Member

if they ask " you did your best"

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Stop concerning yourself with other employees. Management coming after has nothing to do with other loaders.

10. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

You really showed them whose boss!!!!

11. Box Ox

Box Ox ♞▀▄▀▄♝▀▄

Was it like a 2 seasonal employee double team or two separate threatenings of your life?

Because you’re not a new hire.

12. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

5FD434.gif

13. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

First you will need proof that this supervisor is targeting you, whether that's a trail of grievances or other co workers witness to this happening. Saying a supervisor has it out for you will get you no where. Multiple people in my building have called HR on a preload supervisor for harassment and she is still working the same shift and area. You need to build a case before you can get a result.

14. WTFm8

WTFm8 Active Member

So then slow down to stop having missloads.

Work as SAFELY as you can while following the lift/lowering methods.

You’re untoughable if you just follow the methods and do so safely. The union doesn’t recognize the companies metrics/pph.

15. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

Don't forget to ask for union assistance on ALL over 70s.