First night in hub experience

UPSZax

After 2 days of in the classroom safety procedures and all of that was done we were assigned where to go. They put me as a loader.

My trainer was very nice and helped me all night, he taught me almost everything I needed to know and my supervisor was cool too.

Getting used to the scanner wasn’t hard as I thought it would be, but you must very careful and read everything that pops up on the scanner.

Me and my trainer had 2 trucks to work on all night. He taught me how to be very efficient, breaking the jams, basically everything you need to know.

The hardest part for me was the box placement, sometimes I found myself second guessing where to put things and slowing me down but they told me not to overthink, and just put them in a spot you feels best and move on. I believe that once I work on that more I will be a very efficient loader.

Yes, to all new people that’s a going to be a loader or just started, it’s a tough job but once you get everything down it becomes easy.

Poop Head

Judge me.
After 2 days of in the classroom safety procedures and all of that was done we were assigned where to go. They put me as a loader.

My trainer was very nice and helped me all night, he taught me almost everything I needed to know and my supervisor was cool too.

Getting used to the scanner wasn’t hard as I thought it would be, but you must very careful and read everything that pops up on the scanner.

Me and my trainer had 2 trucks to work on all night. He taught me how to be very efficient, breaking the jams, basically everything you need to know.

The hardest part for me was the box placement, sometimes I found myself second guessing where to put things and slowing me down but they told me not to overthink, and just put them in a spot you feels best and move on. I believe that once I work on that more I will be a very efficient loader.

Yes, to all new people that’s a going to be a loader or just started, it’s a tough job but once you get everything down it becomes easy.
What else can you tell us?

WorkingAsDirected

giphy (2).gif

km3

Breaking jams really is the worst part of loading. Scan 5 packages, break a jam, push flow, rinse, repeat. It's ridiculous.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

30704650_783750488502532_1354491007072206848_n.jpg

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i want a weekly update.

and milestones like when you want to call in sick , when the supe is being a dick in a next couple days , when the harassment starts , when they want to make you a part time supe after only 2 weeks , when you file your first grievance , and when you get terminated.

thank you and welcome to UPS.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
i want a weekly update.

and milestones like when you want to call in sick , when the supe is being a dick in a next couple days , when the harassment starts , when they want to make you a part time supe after only 2 weeks , when you file your first grievance , and when you get terminated.

thank you and welcome to UPS.
hi and bye

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

i give you 2 months

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

you'll make it. i was only joking.

i have a sixth sense about these things............

retired UPSer.

Halloween

welcome and it's best to take whatever these clowns , including myself , say , with a grain of salt. lots of good info here in between the insanity.

Thanks! Yeah it's a bit wild here, much like the humor in the hub, lmao. I've learned a lot about UPS and the union issues going on at the moment, so I'm glad this forum exists.

Indecisi0n

Welcome. I'm a mod and I am here to help.