First picture of black hole

El Correcto

god is dead
upload_2019-4-10_12-19-31.jpeg

No refunds suckers.Eureka! Black Hole Photographed for 1st Time
At least 26 million pissed away by the national science foundation. Remind me why I’m paying an income tax again?

BrownArmy

View attachment 243629
At least 26 million :censored2: away by the national science foundation. Remind me why I’m paying an income tax again?

You need a grander imagination.

What a profound picture...the culmination of 100 years of science, validation yet again of Einsteins’ genius, and a masterwork of technology.

Four Continents, eight telescopes, they turned our planet into one giant telescope to get a black hole selfie.

Unfkgbelievable.

As far as government dollars spent for research, I’d wager the return is ten-to-one.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
View attachment 243629
At least 26 million :censored2: away by the national science foundation. Remind me why I’m paying an income tax again?

What a profound picture...the culmination of 100 years of science, validation yet again of Einsteins’ genius, and a masterwork of technology.

Four Continents, eight telescopes, they turned our planet into one giant telescope to get a black hole selfie.

Unfkgbelievable.

As far as government dollars spent for research, I’d wager the return is ten-to-one.

He seems to have a problem with science, among other things.

El Correcto

god is dead

Unfkgbelievable.

BrownArmy

We used to lead the world with this science stuff...and it paid off, BIGLY.

Transistors, rockets, computers, the first vaccines, cell phones, the ‘internet’, MRI machines, laser surgery, GPS...

Sure, none of that paid off!!

Watch though: the US is cutting funding for research just as China is ramping it up.

We used to be the Big-Dog, if we keep on this anti-science trajectory and cutting gvmt funded basic research, we’re going to become a vassal-state of China.

Why do you hate: science/America/our position in the world?

El Correcto

god is dead
We used to lead the world with this science stuff...and it paid off, BIGLY.

Transistors, rockets, computers, the first vaccines, cell phones, the ‘internet’, MRI machines, laser surgery, GPS...

Sure, none of that paid off!!

Watch though: the US is cutting funding for research just as China is ramping it up.

We used to be the Big-Dog, if we keep on this anti-science trajectory and cutting gvmt funded basic research, we’re going to become a vassal-state of China.

Why do you hate: science/America/our position in the world?
As long as I pay a single penny in income taxes, I’ll bitch.

BrownArmy

As long as I pay a single penny in income taxes, I’ll bitch.

Just to put this into perspective, that 'picture' is 55 million light years away.

It's clear you don't understand that, but here we are.

The orange halos around the black center are the expression of heat given off by everything falling into the black hole.

Whatever is falling in is falling in so fast that it's giving off light and heat, even as it gets subsumed, and we can see that light.

It's a cosmic sinkhole.

The diameter of the orange halos are over five light years wide.

I understand you don't get that, but that means:

186,000 miles per second X 60sec X 60min X 24hours X 365 days X 5,000.

Add it up B, it's wicked far.

Hey man, if you're not into science, you do you.

Post some more anime pics.