First road test

Bobafet

I had an interview yesterday Wednesday the 12th. It was a group of 8. They are looking for seasonal delivery drivers. We were givin the “space and visibility” as well as the commentary checklist. I have my road test tomorrow. I did not expect for it to be so soon. What should I expect for the road test? I haven’t driven manual in years so that has me a bit nervous. Anything else? Will there be a pre trip inspection of the truck? Will I have to have memorized both checklists by then?
At my previous job, the only pre trip inspection we did was that of the oil level as well as the coolant level.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If this was integrad, you would be expected to know the 5s, the 10s, driver comentary, and pretrip perfectly and fast. As a seasonal you won't be held up to the same standards but do get those 4 things learned to an appreciable extent. I would be more concerned about hitting other vehicles in the lineup or jumping a curb, which are surefire ways to get kicked out. The vast majority of package cars are becoming automatic and It could be very likely you even run a rental uhaul which are all automatic vans nowadays.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2016-10-27_18-46-52-png.102363

Arch

They'll tell you to use the e brake at every red light. When making a turn, drive straight a bit and then turn so your back wheels dont jump the curb. And also stay closer to your driving lane on the driver side so you'll be center correctly. That was about it when I did my road test. It's short and only about 15 minutes of driving on the street.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Drive like you are old. Very cautious, complete stops and yields. Make sure you they see movements in your head to notice that you are checking side mirrors.

Antfizz

My HR supervisor just called, said they want a road test this week, and class next week. I asked when do I have access to the pre course modules. He said don't worry about that there is no more integrad. This is for the bay area.. So if I'm not going to integrad what am I to expect at this class?

UrFellowUpser

My HR supervisor just called, said they want a road test this week, and class next week. I asked when do I have access to the pre course modules. He said don't worry about that there is no more integrad. This is for the bay area.. So if I'm not going to integrad what am I to expect at this class?
Its alot more laid back than integrad i tell ya that. The chances of you making it through that would have been 50/50. Just learn your 10 point commentary, 5 seeing habits, 5 rules to backing, 10 rules to yard control and the 5 keys to prevent slip and falls.

Vato

Hi guys, i filled road test today, sup told me i can retake in few weeks or months,.. any idea what to do, i filled because bumped something when backing up

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
"Bumping something when backing up" will fail you every time. You need to check both mirrors and rear view monitor continuously anytime you are going backward. I would see if they will let you practice driving around the yard a little bit to get use to driving a package car.