Fitting in gym time?

Just curious for any of you FT drivers that may have been gym rats before going full time. How do you manage getting to the gym now? I haven't been to the gym since starting full time, even before that since my wife having a baby. I've lost all motivation to work out and feel like garbage because of it. How do you guys motivate yourself to get a workout in?
Do push-ups in the back of your truck.

iruhnman630

In my more disciplined days I was up at 6, and in the gym by 620, 3 days a week.

No matter what my work day was like, I had alresdy done something for myself. It was great.

Im not disciplined anymore.

porkwagon

I like Shaun T's INSANITY workout series and do them several mornings before work. My wife and I also belong to a boxing gym and we like to train there some nights when we can.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's about priorities. Kids or no kids, if you don't make your workout a priority right up there with eating and sleeping then you won't stick with it. If your workout is the first thing to get dropped whenever your schedule gets full then you're not going to be working out much because everyone's schedule gets full. I don't fault anyone for not going to the gym but don't tell me it's because you don't have time, you make time for the things that are important to you and if you don't make time to get your workout in then your workout isn't important to you. I know plenty of folks with kids and full time jobs who get their workouts in on the regular.

porkwagon

It's about priorities. Kids or no kids, if you don't make your workout a priority right up there with eating and sleeping then you won't stick with it. If your workout is the first thing to get dropped whenever your schedule gets full then you're not going to be working out much because everyone's schedule gets full. I don't fault anyone for not going to the gym but don't tell me it's because you don't have time, you make time for the things that are important to you and if you don't make time to get your workout in then your workout isn't important to you. I know plenty of folks with kids and full time jobs who get their workouts in on the regular.
I agree but it is tougher when the kids are little. Mine are grown and out of the house so it's easier to fit it in.

BrownTexas

I've found doing insanity or p90x after the kids go to bed is best for me. I'm usually just going to sit on my ass and watch tv anyway. Only sucks when I am wanting to get home and shower to get the dirt off. Showering twice at night got old fast.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm having a hard time fitting in gym time while being on call. Can't get any sort of routine going.
When I was still on the q list I would crash out as soon as I got home and sleep for 6-7 hours then get up and go get it. Unless they hit me with a 10 hour turnaround I could usually get my workout in but I agree it makes it tough.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I would love to give her some CANDY lol
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1433131567.776179.jpg

MethodsMan

I lift weights 5 days a week before work. Wouldn't have it any other way. Its a great kick in the ass to get your day going.