Flavor of the month

EmerCond421

How many stops do you make if you are driving 400 miles? Just curious..

Sorry, didn't go online yesterday. If you look at my name 421 miles one day last August - that was from aprox. 8:45 'til 1805 -1810 and back to make trailer pull time at 1815. Don't remember stop or piece count - may be in my file for that day. My stops per day can range from 14 to 25 typically. Piece count can be 45 to 100. Today was 325 miles, 24 stops and 109 pieces - a heavy day LOL. :peaceful:

SWORDFISH

Sorry, didn't go online yesterday. If you look at my name 421 miles one day last August - that was from aprox. 8:45 'til 1805 -1810 and back to make trailer pull time at 1815. Don't remember stop or piece count - may be in my file for that day. My stops per day can range from 14 to 25 typically. Piece count can be 45 to 100. Today was 325 miles, 24 stops and 109 pieces - a heavy day LOL. :peaceful:

What city?

brownrod

What city?

Mile high in the rockies? A clue, perhaps?

There was a thread once about ultra rural routes. Several drivers in like montana/wyoming etc had routes in the 300-400 miles per day range.

Reduce backing? My old sup would tell me we don't need to because we don't have telematix yet.

Our training route is heavy bulk route. All the new drivers hop on it and try to do it without backing and completely fail. The driver sups have to go and basically tell them to not do everything they teach you in driver training.

SWORDFISH

Mile high in the rockies? A clue, perhaps?

There was a thread once about ultra rural routes. Several drivers in like montana/wyoming etc had routes in the 300-400 miles per day range.

Reduce backing? My old sup would tell me we don't need to because we don't have telematix yet.

Our training route is heavy bulk route. All the new drivers hop on it and try to do it without backing and completely fail. The driver sups have to go and basically tell them to not do everything they teach you in driver training.

Thats what I thought but some people have some things they say that mean obscure things. You never know. I would transfer to a center like that if it meant that eventially I would be on a 300 or more mile a day route.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thats what I thought but some people have some things they say that mean obscure things. You never know. I would transfer to a center like that if it meant that eventially I would be on a 300 or more mile a day route.

LOL Sword. I love driving. I would take a rte like that, no problem.

SWORDFISH

One of the rtes that I do regularly runs 150 miles a day with anywhere from 80 to 110 stops. I like 80 better. :happy2:

I used to do routes like that but Im quitting on the cover driver routine and snagging a route. I should be taking it over Tuesday. Its not ideal but it will do the job for now. 70miles, 145 stops, 26 p/ups. Well thats the under 9.5 days.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I used to do routes like that but Im quitting on the cover driver routine and snagging a route. I should be taking it over Tuesday. Its not ideal but it will do the job for now. 70miles, 145 stops, 26 p/ups. Well thats the under 9.5 days.

LOL That's good. I wish I could get a rte but until we have some drivers retire it ain't gonna happen. I'm guessing it'll be another 5 yrs at least. Can't complain to much though, at least I have a job. :knockedout::wink2: