flavor of the month

rod

Retired 22 years
Well we are also told to take our break in the "scheduled" time frame (varies from rte to rte)
I have 4 main commit times 10:30 12:00 3:00 4:30 and I'm busy during all of them, I usually take my break back at the station
which stinks because we have no real break room, just a couple chairs
(so sometimes I take a break at the Cracker-barrel down the street, the rockers are nice I can't afford to eat there so I sit and rock with the homeless vets)

Beware of those so-called "homeless vets". I would guess that 75% of them are probably not veterans at all ---only riff/raff who are too lazy to look for a job. The last statistics I read on Vietnam Vets was that 2/3's of people claiming to be a Vietnam Vet are lying. Personally if it was up to me I would ---well-- its probably best I don't say what I would do to those who try to pass themselves off as true Veterans. Our wonderful Supreme Court not too long ago ruled against a Federal law that made it illegal to claim you were a vet if you weren't.

sjh

Beware of those so-called "homeless vets". I would guess that 75% of them are probably not veterans at all ---only riff/raff who are too lazy to look for a job. The last statistics I read on Vietnam Vets was that 2/3's of people claiming to be a Vietnam Vet are lying. Personally if it was up to me I would ---well-- its probably best I don't say what I would do to those who try to pass themselves off as true Veterans. Our wonderful Supreme Court not too long ago ruled against a Federal law that made it illegal to claim you were a vet if you weren't.

I thought if you were homeless, you were automatically considered a vet...? ;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
True. But just do want they want. If you only work 4 hours then after p1 take that hr break. Don't set your truck up, don't drive to the next stop and prime yourself for the next delivery. Just do want they want. They want you to leave. Don't give them want they want. During your lunch you may even get "Blocked in by another truck and have to wait til your truck is able to pass. That wouldn't have happened if you didnt take that lunch. So they're actually looking to help you earn more money lol. Hey, I went into the Waffle house and when I came back, someone let the air out of one of my tires. Now I'm sitting here waiting on the clock for air. Just take the hour and hopefully there's not an accident on the freeway that causes more pay for you.

Let's all just take our 60 minutes between 0930 and 1030...works for me.

DontThrowPackages

Let's all just take our 60 minutes between 0930 and 1030...works for me.
"Excuse me sir, do you have my package? Its medicine for my mother." Sorry but I Just when on lunch for an hour. If you want to wait another 55 minutes, I can give it to you. "But its only 10:35, why would you go on lunch so early?". Just working as directed Sir.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"Excuse me sir, do you have my package? Its medicine for my mother." Sorry but I Just when on lunch for an hour. If you want to wait another 55 minutes, I can give it to you. "But its only 10:35, why would you go on lunch so early?". Just working as directed Sir.

Yep. I think the RTDs should be part of this too. Next time there is extremely late freight, and you've been on the clock since oh, 0345 or so, take your lunch just when the late freight is ready to leave the ramp. Make sure it is a full 60 minutes. Watch chaos ensue.