Working over 70 hours as Driver Helpers

Pickles

Some feeder drivers were forced to come in Saturday and go over their 60 hours here. It was all on property. I asked if they would be getting double time after 60 and management said no that it was only package or 22.4. In my mind any employee should be getting double time over 60.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some feeder drivers were forced to come in Saturday and go over their 60 hours here. It was all on property. I asked if they would be getting double time after 60 and management said no that it was only package or 22.4. In my mind any employee should be getting double time over 60.

Your opinion is spot on----what's good for one classification is good for all of them. They need to file grievances.

clipperman

Here, the Company did not let anybody drive past their 60th hour, but had many drivers work past 60 hours as jumpers/helpers on Saturday.

Ask yourself why they would do that, for double time, instead of having them actually drive?
$56.61 an hour is bad enough for a helper, but $75.48 an hour?....I can't see it.

I think the "intent" of that Article 26 language is to motivate the Company to avoid implementing the "70 Hour Rule", a driving rule, in the package car classification.
“Pursuant to this paragraph” is the wording I think they’re using to avoid paying double time unless they 70 hour rule is implemented,even though I think I remember on more than one of those calls we were told ALL hours 60 were to be paid at double time,slight of hand

“Pursuant to this paragraph” is the wording I think they’re using to avoid paying double time unless they 70 hour rule is implemented,even though I think I remember on more than one of those calls we were told ALL hours 60 were to be paid at double time,slight of hand
That's what Dennis said in the conference call. Over 60 hours is double time no matter if you volunteer or are forced.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Your opinion is spot on----what's good for one classification is good for all of them. They need to file grievances.
Unfortunately semantics (opinions) don't win grievances, contractual language does.

....and the Article 26 language in play here doesn't support your assertions, in my opinion.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes!!!

"Pursuant to this paragraph", a paragraph about nothing more than what is to happen when package car drivers (not any other classification) are moved from the 60 hour rule to the 70 hour rule.

As far as "the call", I don't remember exactly, but it wouldn't be hard to slip that caveat past the masses while selling a big win in this new language?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

What'dyabringmetoday???