flavor of the month

RolloTony Brown Town

Back when Rod and I were pups, we didn't have to worry about getting chastised for excessive backing. I think even if I were driving now, I'd have to take the heat for backing. Knowing how UPS judges accidents, I'd never put myself in a position to be blamed for a fender bender, no matter what the rules say. I took this grab from my dash cam. Driver could have used a large driveway to this business, but chose to park right after a blind curve in the road. I presume to prevent a back. Car came around the curve, possibly speeding, almost hit the rear of the PC, and had to swerve in my lane. If he had hit the PC, do you think it would have been an avoidable accident?
View attachment 267599

I think how the accident gets put in would depend on the manager and division manager.

As an on road you’re being told that so and so backs too much. You have to take a long look at the track record. If they have a clean safety record then you let it slide a little. If they’re new you talk to them to make them think about the why.

I know I would have pulled into the parking lot. You could argue the avoidability if they had been hit, but that’s the danger of criticizing a driver for backing too much.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Don’t go forward , don’t go back , do they want us to go up and down?
New package car design
BazuckjCMAASsg1.jpeg

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We have flavor of the weeks now. Vest, cradle use and the big one now is uniform appearance. Drivers are being told they absolutely need to wear polishable leather boots or there will be discipline. :censored2: you give me the money to get them.

Heavy Package

Backing here. My center manager wants us not to back at docks unless it is a bulk stop! Said if we can see it is less than 10 packages to pull up and walk it off. This is just ridiculous.

Whither

Scofflaw
No scans here. We've been tasked with driver follow-ups, except we don't sheet the stop and the center has us use a different form. Only has consignee info and tracking #, no info who shipped it or what was in the pkg. For bulk stops, I get it -- especially since we have drivers turfing misloads. Also, at some docks I find it's too much trouble to follow the method of lining up 10 at a time, then scanning, because receiving can't keep their paws off the pkgs. Even after I've told them to wait until I scan!

So far all of my no-scan follow ups have been for single piece resi deliveries, and each time I sent a diad text to the center "1Z...5309 not found". I've mentioned this to sups and OMS, they've told me to stop by anyway, "just in case it was a misload and another driver delivered it and forgot to scan" ... Wut? A driver is going to forget to sheet a single piece resi stop?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
No scans here. We've been tasked with driver follow-ups, except we don't sheet the stop and the center has us use a different form. Only has consignee info and tracking #, no info who shipped it or what was in the pkg. For bulk stops, I get it -- especially since we have drivers turfing misloads. Also, at some docks I find it's too much trouble to follow the method of lining up 10 at a time, then scanning, because receiving can't keep their paws off the pkgs. Even after I've told them to wait until I scan!

So far all of my no-scan follow ups have been for single piece resi deliveries, and each time I sent a diad text to the center "1Z...5309 not found". I've mentioned this to sups and OMS, they've told me to stop by anyway, "just in case it was a misload and another driver delivered it and forgot to scan" ... Wut? A driver is going to forget to sheet a single piece resi stop?
We get those too. They go directly into the trash.

Jstpeachy

Preload here but scan percentages and misloads... apparently upwards of 70-80 misloads a day for the building some days 20-30 on others smh

cue that one guy “how hard is it to put packages on a car designed to hold packages”

*giggles*

KOG72

I’m full of it
Cradle utilization. They've even started posting the daily numbers on the center door. Gotta make those metrics, or else! I'd settle for the darn things to work properly. Loose connections, not working, sporadic successfulness.

The best part was when someone in the PCM asked are we still required to keep DIADs behind the bulkhead going to & from center? No, now we're telling you to use the cradle! It's not distracted driving when you're instructed to do it.
I just started using the cradle and I still forget to grab the Diad sometimes so use to having it in my pouch.

AwashBwashCwash

Misloads.
Last week the sup walked around with these little sheets that had a guideline of progressive discipline for misloads and wanted everyone to sign it saying that we understood and accepted the guidelines. I glanced through it and the last one mentioned was "termination." Laughed in his face and put down RTS.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I don’t care what anyone says , if I have a 130lb piece of furniture/rug I will be backing up all the way up the driveway and delivering it out of the back of my truck.