flavor of the month

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
No-scans/misloads. We actually have a new center "rule" that states we must have everything sorted and all misloads scanned in by 2pm so management can run around in their personal vehicles to deliver them. Had several young drivers receive warning letters for it: "not properly following the methods." Shop steward is fighting them every step of the way.

Our most veteran driver asked at the PCM why are drivers receiving disciplinary action for the mistakes of preload? Our misloads are out of control right now (training new seasonal hires) and we are expected to pick up the slack.

Our center manager didn't like that question.
Your Center Manager isn't fit to run a Lemonade Stand. Never mind a Center for UPS.

quad decade guy

We have flavor of the weeks now. Vest, cradle use and the big one now is uniform appearance. Drivers are being told they absolutely need to wear polishable leather boots or there will be discipline. :censored2: you give me the money to get them.

Hey Bro, was in your training packet......from before time began. You have to provide your own shoes and socks. Way it's ALWAYS been.

Whither

Scofflaw
No-scans/misloads. We actually have a new center "rule" that states we must have everything sorted and all misloads scanned in by 2pm so management can run around in their personal vehicles to deliver them. Had several young drivers receive warning letters for it: "not properly following the methods." Shop steward is fighting them every step of the way.

Our most veteran driver asked at the PCM why are drivers receiving disciplinary action for the mistakes of preload? Our misloads are out of control right now (training new seasonal hires) and we are expected to pick up the slack.

Our center manager didn't like that question.

Here it's 3pm. Seems like once a month I won't catch a bad pal'd misload until later in the day. Recently sent in one (a resi 15 miles off-area) after 6p. OMS was irritated, told me that upper management expects us to verify every pal against the shipping label by 3pm as well. I just chuckled: "Okay, do you want me to deliver it or sheet it missed?" Took out a second pkg car since I had air volume, logged an extra hour OT for a single amazon envelope by the time all was said and done.

ManInBrown

This job is great when you stop giving a :censored3: about their numbers, and management realizes you don’t give a :censored3: about their numbers.

We currently don’t have a flavor of the month because we have a huge influx of new, poorly trained drivers that have been trained on Orion, and they don’t know what the hell they're doing out there.
Bingo. Could not be an easier, stress free job when you stop caring about all the BS, and realize short of killing someone or stealing, they are stuck with you. You aint going nowhere so they better learn to like it or they can pound sand. I actually miss package some days. Thats how little i gave a sheet. I miss that free grievance money, and i miss breathing in the fresh air on a nice fall day.

AwashBwashCwash

Don't even put RTS. That can still be considered a valid signature.

I thought I was required to at least write RTS.

One time I got written up and was pissed and was about to walk out of the office without signing their paper, and the steward stopped me and told me I was required to at least write RTS.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The flavor of the month is common business practice. Gotta keep them on their toes. Deal with it and soon it shall pass

542thruNthru

I thought I was required to at least write RTS.

One time I got written up and was pissed and was about to walk out of the office without signing their paper, and the steward stopped me and told me I was required to at least write RTS.

Nope. @zubenelgenubi posted the Article 6 language in this thread. You are not required to sign anything.

Management can put RTS if they want. It's just saying that it was reviewed with you.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Cars scratched, windshields broken, after harassed until they quit. Houses smashed up. We have one guy here who scabbed a few days (pregnant wife and small children) they put together a fund for him and he got on the right side of the picket line but he wasn't having a good time. He's still here when he retires I will probaably take his sweet route. Though I keep thinking I should go feeder. I don't want to work nights again.

I wasn't there but have heard a lot of stories. Scabs you will never survive working every day for the rest of your career next to the rest of us. You scab and the rest of your life will be a living hell
Are you 14?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Hey Bro, was in your training packet......from before time began. You have to provide your own shoes and socks. Way it's ALWAYS been.
Yeah and I just spend 150$ on boots, real nice ones. Been wearing the same brand for years at work without a problem. New center in the same building and now they’re not good enough. That’s what pisses me off. Sick of the 50s era dress code. They made a guy wear pants because he was wearing a knee brace it’s ridiculous.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yeah and I just spend 150$ on boots, real nice ones. Been wearing the same brand for years at work without a problem. New center in the same building and now they’re not good enough. That’s what pisses me off. Sick of the 50s era dress code. They made a guy wear pants because he was wearing a knee brace it’s ridiculous.
Those are the center managers you have to grieve to death. Nit pick the stuff they do wrong right back and maybe they will learn to be more lenient. Supervisor not wearing a name tag? Article 20 section 5 grievance right there.