Flu season!

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
I have mixed feelings about the flu shot. It's basically trying to match the most common current strand, but it's not a full match. And there are tons of different flu strands that the flu shot doesn't touch. And you can actually get sick FROM the flu shot. Seems to me like it's a bit of a scam....I'll do it the old fashioned way and, you know, cover myself in hand sanitizer.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The only times I have ever gotten the flu have been when I forgot to get a flu shot.

I have a rural route, so my contact with people is pretty minimal. My attitude is that if I am going to feel like crap, I might as well feel like crap on company time, and save the sick day for a time when I might really need it due to serious illness or injury. As long as its nothing but lung cheese and a runny nose I will just tough it out, but if it turns into puking or riding the brown rocket then of course its time to stay home.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have mixed feelings about the flu shot. It's basically trying to match the most common current strand, but it's not a full match. And there are tons of different flu strands that the flu shot doesn't touch. And you can actually get sick FROM the flu shot. Seems to me like it's a bit of a scam....I'll do it the old fashioned way and, you know, cover myself in hand sanitizer.
There is no live stuff in the flu shot.........so getting sick from it is coincidence.
I'm convinced that even if you do get the flu after you've had a flu shot, it'l lbe less of a case than had you not gotten the shot in the first place.

rod

Retired 22 years
Stay home you say? Ha! If everyone who at this moment who had a runny nose, dry cough, lung cheeze, slight fever or just basicaly didn't feel 100% stayed home- just pray tell who would be left to work? Just about everyone I know has something going on that could be "flu" related.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My attitude is that if I am going to feel like crap, I might as well feel like crap on company time, .
On behalf of all those you expose your sickness to, thanks for sharing your "lung cheese and runny nose" viruses.

As I said before, I have a rural route with minimal customer contact. I get less than 10 signatures a day, and if I am sick I make sure to use plenty of hand sanitizer and I avoid coughing/sneezing on people, theor packages, or the DIAD.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
There is no live stuff in the flu shot.........so getting sick from it is coincidence.
I'm convinced that even if you do get the flu after you've had a flu shot, it'l lbe less of a case than had you not gotten the shot in the first place.

The live stuff is in the "vaccine" you inhale.

Flu is more than a runny nose.
I can work with a runny nose.

It is the fever and intense fatigue which knocked me out.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My attitude is that if I am going to feel like crap, I might as well feel like crap on company time, .
On behalf of all those you expose your sickness to, thanks for sharing your "lung cheese and runny nose" viruses.

My wife was a nurse for a few years before going back to school. It always amazed me that they pushed them to come in no matter what. Just like ups. She worked in the ICU. The last thing those people needed was more sickness around.

Brownslave688

My wife was a nurse for a few years before going back to school. It always amazed me that they pushed them to come in no matter what. Just like ups. She worked in the ICU. The last thing those people needed was more sickness around.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've gone to work with plenty a sickness, but as AJ said, it's the fever and fatigue that is the killer. I'm planning on going back to work tomorrow even though sometimes just standing in the shower for 15 minutes wears me down. This crap is wicked.

Brownslave688

Oh also your most contagious in the 3-4 days before you show symptoms.

I have heard the worst part of this flu is your sick 2 days but just dead tired for a week.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Hoping to catch the flu this weekend. Highs Monday and Tuesday are expected to be in the single digits with lows below zero. Would rather be laying in bed watching Judge Judy!

Buck Fifty

Thanks for the publicity. Can get enough !!!