Flu season!

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm going to personally warn everyone.......this stuff sucks. I've been sick since mid Friday. Finally got to doctor Monday and was confimred that it was the flu. Only one other time have I felt so bad. So if you can, get the flu shot and stay away from sick people. I know that's very tough for us. The doctor even asked me, "have you come in contact with anyone with the flu?" I told her, "I'm a UPS driver, I come in contact with A LOT of people."

And my daughter has been sick the whole time too and her doctor has instructed her to stay home all week from school. She's not happy about it. But she can't go to school and get others sick too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I hope you start feeling better real soon.
Do you wish you had stock in Orange juice?
When it's over, it's my understanding you are immune to that strain now..

Last edited:

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Oh man. Idk if its all the talk about it, but my stomach feel funky since 5 last night. Feels like flu coming on, but usually when it hits me, it just hits. It comes on faster.
Hope you fellas feel better

Buck Fifty

Got it last thursday. Banged in Friday. Stayed in bed with electric blanket on 5 with steady doses of Tylenol and Nyquil . After sweating pools Friday and Saturday , I woke up Sunday feeling pretty good but 5 to 8 lbs lighter. 2 1/2 days of it was too much, but it could have been worse. Hope everybody feels better.

over9five

Staff member
Jeez people, flu shots are free! We get one every year now.
I got one at my doctors office. My wife went in the next day and they were all out. She got hers free from the Teamsters.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I got one at my doctors office. My wife went in the next day and they were all out. She got hers free from the Teamsters.
I've never bothered because if I get it, it's only 12-24 hour deal. This one sounds like it lasts a week. Ouch

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

I've never bothered because if I get it, it's only 12-24 hour deal. This one sounds like it lasts a week. Ouch

I got the shot.
My immunity is compromised due to a steroid treatment I get pumped into me once a month.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The flu shot was as accurate as its ever been this year and it was still only a 60% match. As long as I'm young and healthy I prefer to let my natural immune system fight off all that it can. I'm 30 years ill prob get a flu shot and it'll likely be much better by then also.

L

Loufan

I'm surprised I haven't got it yet, I touch like 10,000 boxes a day and the flu has been crazy in my city but no one has been sick at my building as far as i know. *knock on wood*

I heard it's already peaked or about to peak so hopefully this flu season will be over early.

Last edited by a moderator: