Following Methods + Not Caring About THEIR Numbers = Easy Breezy Peak Seasons

Browntown2014

I started focusing on the methods the day I got my own route. The best is when your followed for 30 minutes and all they could come up with was that I was carrying a 1 pound softball size box with one hand and not two.

I also wake up every morning without the stiffness or pain. Peak is just no different that June to me, except its colder.

I follow Orion street for street without care if it makes sense. Whatever, its what they want.
So you call in for help on every 100+lb package?

peanutbuttermm

I do this every day in the preload and I "should just give up and quit" according to the supes. No thanks I'll be here along time not listening to your standards and watching you send 5 guys to my route to help me

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I only called for help once in 24 yrs. Southshore furniture. I swear it weighed 250 plus. 2 of us struggled.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I find this thread pretty comical. You're patting yourself on the back for doing the job how you're trained to do it.
not really. drivers are constantly harassed and intimidated to MAKE numbers and these tactics work enough for the company to continue these strong arm tactics. this makes most drivers runners and gunners , take shortcuts , and work unsafe. many supervisors love these drivers.

old timers are always telling drivers to work following the methods and training to make it 30 years on this job. sure the company trains you in proper work methods but in practice they really DONT WANT YOU TO USE THEM! it messes with their numbers.

the drivers who do follow the methods is a very small percentage. just ask them how much they are harassed about it.

the company is HUGELY hypocritical in this regard.

Bottom rung

not really. drivers are constantly harassed and intimidated to MAKE numbers and these tactics work enough for the company to continue these strong arm tactics. this makes most drivers runners and gunners , take shortcuts , and work unsafe. many supervisors love these drivers.

old timers are always telling drivers to work following the methods and training to make it 30 years on this job. sure the company trains you in proper work methods but in practice they really DONT WANT YOU TO USE THEM! it messes with their numbers.

the drivers who do follow the methods is a very small percentage. just ask them how much they are harassed about it.

the company is HUGELY hypocritical in this regard.
He knows. He's just being a d*

El Correcto

god is dead
I just work as directed and use text/diad messages to back this. Haven't had any issues yet with my management team and they have final say on what I am supposed to do. I'm not going to play methods hero and get :censored2: canned early in my career.