Fooling telematics

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I showed up at work yesterday, in my DIAD slot was a photocopied piece of paper with a smiley face on it congratulating me for "100% seatbelt and bulkhead door compliance."

In the AM, my routine is to pull off of the outdoor MDU that I am parked at and idle the engine for 10 minutes in order to defrost my windshield, which during the winter is coated on both sides with a layer of ice (see below). Its basically like trying to drive a meat locker and you cant see a damn thing. My bulkhead door is open during this time so that I can sort and walk thru the back of the truck to install my hitch, since there isnt enough room between the cars parked next to me to walk between.

I was showing up on the Telematics report and getting bitched at for moving the car with the door open, so I figured out a way to fool it in the mornings. The DIAD doesnt "know" which vehicle it is assigned to until you scan the vehicle # barcode or type it in manually. So instead of doing this first, I wait until I am all ready to leave before entering vehicle # and odometer. Any movement made by the vehicle prior to that doesnt show on the report....so I can still do my job and my management is happy because they get to look at a number and what they dont know wont hurt them. And I get my very own piece of paper with a smiley face on it.:happy2:
windshield.jpg

brownman15

When I showed up at work yesterday, in my DIAD slot was a photocopied piece of paper with a smiley face on it congratulating me for "100% seatbelt and bulkhead door compliance."

In the AM, my routine is to pull off of the outdoor MDU that I am parked at and idle the engine for 10 minutes in order to defrost my windshield, which during the winter is coated on both sides with a layer of ice (see below). My bulkhead door is open during this time so that I can sort and walk thru the back of the truck to install my hitch, since there isnt enough room between the cars parked next to me to walk between.

I was showing up on the Telematics report and getting bitched at for moving the car with the door open, so I figured out a way to fool it in the mornings. The DIAD doesnt "know" which vehicle it is assigned to until you scan the vehicle # barcode or type it in manually. So instead of doing this first, I wait until I am all ready to leave before entering vehicle # and odometer. Any movement made by the vehicle prior to that doesnt show on the report....so I can still do my job and my management is happy because they get to look at a number and what they dont know wont hurt them. And I get my very own piece of paper with a smiley face on it.:happy2:

good job so now u can put in the wrong truck # and leave door open all day lol. or better yet put in some one else's number and get them in trouble. lmao not that i would endorse that

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
You guys keep giving us the info. We are still a long way before we get telematics (I hope). We have 2 new trucks with the wiring, but there has not been any talk about it in the building yet.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In the AM, my routine is to pull off of the outdoor MDU that I am parked at and idle the engine for 10 minutes in order to defrost my windshield, which during the winter is coated on both sides with a layer of ice (see below). Its basically like trying to drive a meat locker and you cant see a damn thing. My bulkhead door is open during this time so that I can sort and walk thru the back of the truck to install my hitch, since there isnt enough room between the cars parked next to me to walk between.

Sober, wouldn't simply explaining your morning routine as you described above to either your on-car or center manager suffice?

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Sober, wouldn't simply explaining your morning routine as you described above to either your on-car or center manager suffice?
It's obvious that the smiley face is the key...sober wants a smiley face!
But not near as much as he wants a 3-point seat belt.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If you use a DIAD Clip instead of putting the DIAD in its dash slot, what does the report say about that?

soberups

[Sober, wouldn't simply explaining your morning routine as you described above to either your on-car or center manager suffice?

No.

They arent interested in logic or common sense.

Telematics generates a number. They dont want to see that number. The only thing they care about is making that number go away.

City Driver

couldnt u just buckle the seatbelt before u sit down and just sit on it all day?

thats what we do on our forklifts sometimes cuz they will make a annoying beeping noise constantly if you dont wear it but they are all faulty

Red Dawn

couldnt u just buckle the seatbelt before u sit down and just sit on it all day?

thats what we do on our forklifts sometimes cuz they will make a annoying beeping noise constantly if you don't wear it but they are all faulty
lol seen a video at safety conference with a driver that had been doing that! lol how do you explain 200 stops w/o taking off seat belt once

DS

Fenderbender

thats what we do on our forklifts sometimes cuz they will make a annoying beeping noise constantly if you dont wear it but they are all faulty
hopefully its a 3 point belt you are sitting on

InTheRed

good job so now u can put in the wrong truck # and leave door open all day lol. or better yet put in some one else's number and get them in trouble. lmao not that i would endorse that

Actually if you inputted someone else's truck #, wouldn't you get banged for all their infractions instead?

soberups

What would be funny....would be to have every driver in our building agree ahead of time to leave their bulkhead doors open from, say, 11:00 to 11:30....just to let management know who is really in charge.:wink2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Sober, try putting a fake car number in the DIAD and leave it there all day and before you punch out put in the correct one. See how that works.