Fools Making Good Money But Broke

rod

Retired 22 years
Yep. The cash back and travel points from CC purchases are free money if you pay in full every month.
We get at least two free airline tickets to Texas and back for us every year. That’s 700 to a thousand in savings for us. We also get a couple hundred back from Costco a year for their card. We charge Everything and it’s automatically paid off monthly.

Box Ox

The trick is to pay it off right away so it doesn't seem like free money. We've used credit cards forever but never carried a balance, in 30 years I've never paid single dime in credit card interest.

Good point. Same for me. Never any interest. But you do still see what you spent come out of the checking account every month!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The trick is to pay it off right away so it doesn't seem like free money. We've used credit cards forever but never carried a balance, in 30 years I've never paid single dime in credit card interest.
I have a feeling the people in the article are not as well disciplined. Lol

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Yep. The cash back and travel points from CC purchases are free money if you pay in full every month.
Yep, I turned those points into gift cards at the end of the year.

Plus, the built-in buyer protection/ insurance when using them thru EBay and PayPal double if those sites decline to help you. There's a growing# of counterfeit stuff in those markets, including Amazon...

For example, I didn't know getting fake spark plugs will ultimately blow up your engine!

PS I'll get free fake micro sd memory cards by reporting those sellers who are flashed them as a higher capacity card.

Go thru the process of a full refund.

They don't want me to return them in exchange for not leaving negative feedback ( I do it anyways).

Reformat the free cards to store music and just plug them in a portable speaker

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Lots of small businesses are not taking credit cards. Those points and airplane tickets aren't paid by the credit card company. 3% charge to the merchant.

rod

Retired 22 years
Lots of small businesses are not taking credit cards. Those points and airplane tickets aren't paid by the credit card company. 3% charge to the merchant.
If a place charges extra for using a credit card I will pay cash and then look around the next time for the same kind of business that will take a card.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
If a place charges extra for using a credit card I will then pay cash and then look around the next time for the same kind of business that will take a card.
Never been to a place that charged me for using a credit card, just been to a few that wouldn't accept them period .