Fools Making Good Money But Broke

rod

Retired 22 years
Never been to a place that charged me for using a credit card, just been to a few that wouldn't accept them period .
I had a dentist that wanted to add 5% for using a card. Notice I said had. Also the DMV here charges 3% on credit card payments. Up until 2 years ago they wouldn’t accept any credit cards

BrownArmy

To each his own. I think their espresso is way better than any other coffee house I've ever tried.

Their coffee tastes burnt to me, and it’s overpriced.

I have hot coffee in the morning at my house, and bring Iced Coffee to work.

It’s easy, you can make your own coffee concentrate.

Starbucks is a racket, so is DD

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Their coffee tastes burnt to me, and it’s overpriced.

I have hot coffee in the morning at my house, and bring Iced Coffee to work.

It’s easy, you can make your own coffee concentrate.

Starbucks is a racket, so is DD

Starbucks is a very successful racket. I am frugal in nearly all aspects of my life, but I will splurge on starbucks. It's kinda been a running theme for my wife and I since we started dating. I never even drank coffee before that.

I was sad when they closed the last dunkin donuts in my area. They had this one chocolate frosting filled powdered donut I really liked.

vantexan

Starbucks is a very successful racket. I am frugal in nearly all aspects of my life, but I will splurge on starbucks. It's kinda been a running theme for my wife and I since we started dating. I never even drank coffee before that.

I was sad when they closed the last dunkin donuts in my area. They had this one chocolate frosting filled powdered donut I really liked.
I used to love Dunkin Donuts. I have diabetes now.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Quit buying SBucks espressos for a month,

BAM

You just saved enough for an Italian espresso machine.

You’re welcome.

I had bought a steam driven espresso machine. Could never get the flavor right. If I am going to make coffee at home, I just use the instant coffee and add to taste. I'm not sure why it's so important to you how I spend my money, though.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it's okay to spurge once in awhile. old frugal habits are hard to break. between our 401k and our other retirement accts it would be nearly impossible to spend it all even in the next 25 years.

we like driving 35 miles to the In and Out Burger. our biggest splurge in town is a Round Table pizza maybe a couple times a year.

i guess we are lucky. really have no wants. if we need something we just get it.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If a place charges extra for using a credit card I will pay cash and then look around the next time for the same kind of business that will take a card.
I still use cash where ever possible. Cards are only for on-line purchases, mostly Costco, Costco Gasoline ( they don't take cash ) and emergencies.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I avoid DD coffee , tastes like acid. Honey Dew coffee is better.
Now I just buy the Cold Brew bottles in the supermarket.
All I really need each day is less than 1/2 cup.